Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup sheet for the dev team.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
kajick
587 Views, 9 Replies

Setup sheet for the dev team.

Hello guys,

so I have been waiting a long time hoping that I might not have to write this myself, so someone does before me and solves the problem but here we go.

You need to take setup sheets more seriously and update this ASAP. 

As a small machine shop here are my real needs for this. 

it can stay the HTML or it can be PDF as far as Im concerned, my machine opens both. 

When righ clicking setup 1 and creating a setup sheet, it does so in HTML, where we dont have any options (like in the preview functions) what we choose to show on the setup sheet. BUT it shows the image thats on the screen and the WCS is displayed so when the operator opens the sheet he can see where it is placed and some basic info of the stock material which is needed. 

when you use the create nc program, and then out of there you make a setup sheet, then you can choose what it dispays on the sheet and saves it as a PDF, which is all fine but, you dont se the WCS where it is on the part (image) and no matter how much you customise the details of the setup sheet, you still see the images of the tool holders and tools ( it would be AWESOME if we could click somewhere that this isnt displayed) 

What WE need is 

Setup Sheet;

Image of the part with stock and WCS visible on the part

text below or beside, what size is the stock material and orientation of the part. 

below currently you have Stock Lower in WCS #1 and Stock Upper in WCS #1 which just confuses the operators.  It would be awesome if it just said, WCS is in center and top of STOCK BOX or on top of MODEL BOX - to make it fool proof for the operators.

would be nice if we could add custom coments in this part - example.... Tighten with this much torque and put the part in the center of the vice, hold with 2.5mm ... bla bla.. just some info for the operator to know how to tighten the part and if there are things he needs to watch out for.

Then the tool list. Again this is for our needs.

Tool name/descrtiption  ((we use siemens tool by name so we dont need T# but i know lots of haas ppl need T# ) which can be turned of in the setup sheet (preview part))

Tool diameter.

Length below holder.

everything else honestly is the programmers problems and shouldn't bother the operator. This is all he needs to know, what tool, how long it needs to be sticking out of the holder and that it - I know a lot of people wont agree with this but we have over 300 tool holders for 2 machines, and all of them have their name which already contains in our case most of the info. The programmers have a library in which all the special long or short holders are drawn so they know what to use and when. 

I am working on seting up setup sheets for our new operators now so this is why Im writing all this and Im sure Ill get back to this topic with more suggestions. If anyone else would like to weigh in on this it sure is appreciated. (maybe the autodesk team will see that we do need setup sheets for real) 

Youre on the right path with the configure setup sheet preview feature, just need to add more to it. 

thanx!

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
kajick
in reply to: kajick

Ok now I see I can add setup details in the preview, but it only displays information, no image so the operator knows where it is visually. 

Also it would be ok if we could move the setup info to the top of the sheet. It is at the bottom now, under all the tools.

Setup info first then tool info.

also I see if I add notes to the setup, it will be displayed in the setup sheet 🙂 sorry guys I said I was just starting to dig through this right now so I will answer some of my own questions as I go along. 

Message 3 of 10
programming2C78B

I was never a fan of setup sheets, i put ifno in as a manual passthrough at the start of the code.

Then I take a screenshot with Greenshot of the setup and save it in the job folder. They can print it out or open it on the new controllers (model removed)

programming2C78B_0-1716378062833.png

programming2C78B_1-1716378096502.png

Please click "Accept Solution" if what I wrote solved your issue!
Message 4 of 10
Don.Cyr

If you use the excel setup sheet template & post, you can set it up exactly how you want it. Setup pics, operation notes and a tool list. I can share what I use if you are interested in trying it out.

Please click "Accept Solution" if I helped with your question or issue.
Message 5 of 10
nubrandao
in reply to: Don.Cyr

hi, can i try your excell setup sheet?

Message 6 of 10
kajick

I guess I can take a look at your sheet, just to see, but to be honest it would be logical and probably simpler (unless your sheet is magical) for us to just have a few clicks in fusion and it just gives us a setup sheet as we need it. 

I have to see if I can open excel files on my control unit. (doubt it)- so then i would need to excel to pdf it (again extra step). 

Message 7 of 10
nubrandao

Mine is just the default from Fusion 360 library

Setup sheet excell 2007

Message 8 of 10
Don.Cyr
in reply to: nubrandao

Be sure the template and the post are saved in the same folder on your computer.

Please click "Accept Solution" if I helped with your question or issue.
Message 9 of 10
nubrandao

I Will try thanks

Message 10 of 10
kajick

@Don.Cyr - I've tried this and its not good for us. But I hope it works for others. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report