Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selecting Tool In CAM makes Fusion Not respond

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
j.coffee
291 Views, 7 Replies

Selecting Tool In CAM makes Fusion Not respond

I've had fusion for a little over 5 months now at my work. When I initially used it it would open past the splash page and then open to a white screen that said Not Responding. After going through the trouble shoot I ended up uninstalling and installing again and it fixed the issue up till now. Now that I'm transitioning to the CAM side of the software the issues are coming back but in a different form.

When selecting tool paths I can do anything up until selecting the tool itself. When I open the tool library it makes the screen go white and the whole program Not Respond. My drivers are updated, restarted the computer, deleted login state and machine specific options which allows the program to open, but still selecting the tool path sends it in the same loop. Will attach screenshot and Logs I could get before it freezes.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hi @j.coffee 

Thanks for reporting this. I'll create a task for our development team to look at. I'll update the thread if a solution is found.

Thanks
Paolo

Paolo Bastianelli

Technical Consultant
Message 3 of 8

For future reference, I opened task CAM-31988. Meanwhile, if you manage to find a fix, please let us know.

Paolo Bastianelli

Technical Consultant
Message 4 of 8

Hi @j.coffee 

Is this issue still happening for you? If it does, could you please open Fusion's text command window and type:

QtWebBrowser.display chrome://gpu ? Do you get the same problem if you do? It should open a web page showing some diagnostics.

Thanks
Paolo Bastianelli

Paolo Bastianelli

Technical Consultant
Message 5 of 8

@j.coffee I'll message you directly to see if you have any updates on this. 

Paolo Bastianelli

Technical Consultant
Message 6 of 8
tor.egilWEVTV
in reply to: j.coffee

Something similar happends to me aswell like twice a month where when I open the tool library, it just opens a white page with nothing in it, just completely white page.

The solution that works for me is to just restart Fusion 360, but I see you are having a bigger issue.

Message 7 of 8

So, I had a chat with one of our developers and they think it could be a problem with how we display webpages. Could you please run QtWebBrowser.display chrome://gpu and let us know the results? 

Thanks
Paolo

Paolo Bastianelli

Technical Consultant
Message 8 of 8

i am currently having the same issue i dont want to unsinstall the program

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report