Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

selecting and confirming the template

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Tomas_V_cz
152 Views, 4 Replies

selecting and confirming the template

I'm new to Fusion (sorry for my English), but in a short time I've noticed a few illogical things in the Fusion environment. Today I will start by selecting and confirming the template.

If I select a template from the tree (picture 1), I have to confirm the selected template with the select button (I don't know exactly what the button is called in English versions), the create operation button is grayed out and cannot be selected (picture 2).

In contrast, if I select a template from the toolbar, the select button in the lower right does not exist, and the template must be selected with the create operation button ((picture 3).

Is there a reason for this behavior? I think it would be good to unify the selection of templates.

Thanks

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
seth.madore
in reply to: Tomas_V_cz

While they do appear similar at first glance, they do allow for different workflows.

The first method, of right click on Setup and then "Create from Template > Select Template" only permits the selection of one template. However, when accessed thru the Template Library manager, you are able to select and insert as many templates as you wish.

As to why there are "Select" buttons visible depending on the method of access, that's not something I can answer. There may have been a reason, but it would take some time to track down the WHO and the WHY

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 5
Tomas_V_cz
in reply to: seth.madore

Thanks, I didn't know that I can select multiple templates if I select the template library from the toolbar.

For that reason, it would be a good idea (if I'm only going to choose one template) to use the solution as shown on this thread in the first post by ltomuta.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-manufacture/new-template-library/td-p/9672301

To select only one template, several unnecessary clicks would be saved - the template would be selected from a drop-down list (similar to an operation).

Thanks again for your reply and excuse my english.

Message 4 of 5
seth.madore
in reply to: Tomas_V_cz

They are good ideas, but I'm not expecting to see any changes in this area, as we are working on some larger projects for the foreseeable future.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 5 of 5
Tomas_V_cz
in reply to: seth.madore

OK, thanks for the reply... I also had an idea about opening the geometry selection panel directly, but yesterday it went through without a reply... Can you look into that as well?

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-manufacture/directly-opening-the-geometry-panel/td-p/12542952

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report