Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select same contours in subsequent operation?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
team4909
84 Views, 3 Replies

Select same contours in subsequent operation?

I coach a high school robotics team and we frequently work on box tubing and need to remove material for weight, here is an example part:

team4909_0-1695993523261.png

To make this part, we use a CNC router and use Fusion 360 for the CAM.

To machine the pockets, we use a 2D Adaptive Clearing to rough out most of the material, then use a 2d Contour to remote the Stock to Leave from the Adaptive Clearing.

I am hoping to create a few templates to streamline CAM for the High School students. I've created the template of a working Adaptive + Contour, but every time we use the template we have to select the same contours twice.

Is there any way that the 2D contour can inherit the same selections from the adaptive?

team4909_1-1695993954555.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
RickDuckworth
in reply to: team4909

Right click the adaptive operation - hover over create derived operation - 2D milling - then click 2D contour.

It should have the same contours as the adaptive selected.

Message 3 of 4
programming2C78B

Simply use 3D adaptive instead....2D contour will always have to be picked. Obviously this one part would only need to be programmed on 2 sides then use a circular pattern. 

@RickDuckworth wrote:

Right click the adaptive operation - hover over create derived operation - 2D milling - then click 2D contour.

It should have the same contours as the adaptive selected.

That won't work for template purposes, and uses the adaptive feeds and speeds. 

Please click "Accept Solution" if what I wrote solved your issue!
Message 4 of 4
seth.madore

If they are the same exact selections (Contour and Contour in each toolpath) you can select the Contour Selection from another toolpath and they become linked. Update the primary, an update will flow down the the secondary:

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report