Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

select multiple drill points with selection window from dfx sketch

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
beikermann
228 Views, 5 Replies

select multiple drill points with selection window from dfx sketch

I want to define holes for a CNC mill from an inserted DXF sketch under Finished. Using the selection mode "selected points" I can manually add all points individually. Is there a possibility to select several points at the same time using the selection window? Since the circles from the dxf are created as two semicircles, the box with "same diameter" does not work.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
HughesTooling
in reply to: beikermann

Might be easier to just draw a rectangle around them the size of the stock and extrude a body so you have faces. The 2 arcs should merge when you extrude.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
beikermann

Thanks for the feedback and idea. It does make a workaround however it would be nice to have a multiple selection of points in the manufacturing menu via the selection window.
otherwise is it possible to make two semicircles into one circle?

Message 4 of 6
HughesTooling

No way to merge circles in a sketch. Even if you could window select the centre points you'd have the problem that there are 2 centre points at the centre of the 2 arcs so it would drill twice for each circle anyway.

Fusion is really designed to work with solids so why make life hard? Only takes a few seconds to create a body.

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
beikermann

Thank you for the answer. I think then i have to rethink something but otherwise i will not reach a solution.

Message 6 of 6
HughesTooling

@beikermann How often are you dealing with this problem? I know in Rhino 3d, if you join 2 or more arcs (concentric with the same diameter) Rhino will make them a single circle. You might find a free program like QCad or NanoCad can do the same.

That said you could select all the arcs in Fusion, extrude, then create another sketch and project all the bodies to create full circles faster than using a 2nd program.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report