Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select all items in manufacturing

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
difalkner
288 Views, 6 Replies

Select all items in manufacturing

I haven't used Fusion 360 for the last three months because my CNC was down for a while, I rebuilt my computer, and I had another shop project that took most of my available time.  So now I need to draw something and realized some things have changed in F360.  The one thing I can't get to work is selecting items in Manufacturing. 

In the past when I chose 'New Setup' it automatically selected everything in the workspace and I deselected the items I didn't want to work on.  Then I chose 'New Setup' again to work on the other items.  Now when I do that I don't seem to be able to select the second item.  The original item I chose is selected and I can't unselect it.  I can choose 'Body' under 'Model' and the selected body turns blue but I am not able to actually choose that to set WCS or work on the piece.

Has this changed or am I now doing something wrong, something set up wrong after my reinstall, etc.?  I've attached the simple test file and some screenshots.

Thanks!

David

001 - Manufacturing selection, new setup.jpg002 - Manufacturing selection, new setup, can't select second piece.jpg

David Falkner
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
engineguy
in reply to: difalkner

@difalkner 

Yes, there are a few changes around, when I create a second Setup in your file it Defaults to "From Preceding Setup" as shown in the image below, just go in and change it to the usual "Relative size Box" and you will be able to select/deselect as you wish.  If you have multiple bodies as you have then to get a "Relative Size Box" to cover them all then you need to select both bodies. Your updated file attached.

Setup Preceding Setup.jpg

Message 3 of 7
difalkner
in reply to: difalkner

Thank you so much!  I don't recall having to do that before so I guess that's something new.

David Falkner
Message 4 of 7
t.lamourine
in reply to: engineguy

Having the same issue, that didn't fix it! had to use "from solids" and select both, but it's still kinda funky as it lays it out as 2 separate pieces of stock instead of one piece.  They have made this whole setup MUCH more confusing it seems, I don't see how this is better than the way it used to be? maybe for someone? but I can't see who would like it better?  I was great before to cut multiple items from a single piece, now it seems to be a whole mess of extra steps to accomplish the same thing! 🙄

Message 5 of 7
t.lamourine
in reply to: t.lamourine

it's also no longer showing the "stock" in the simulation because of it, so basically the simulation is useless because it shows nothing but a little icon moving around the model.. I can't get it to show the actual cut to see what/if I screwed up somewhere... unless there is something I'm missing? 

Message 6 of 7
t.lamourine

this is goofy now... it's doing 1/2 right and 1/2 wrong... guess I got to submit a bug..? ugh. 

Screenshot 2023-03-02 at 8.17.53 PM.png

Message 7 of 7
engineguy

@t.lamourine 

The image is only showing the Simulation and not the settings used to get there.

Can you upload your problem file, go to :

File > Export > Select f3d format > Save to a location on your computer > Then attach to your reply.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report