Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

seeing tool path through the model

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
trutech.eng
990 Views, 13 Replies

seeing tool path through the model

Hello community,

Is there an option to turn on so that I can see the tool path through the solid model.  I have played with the display setting wireframe and shaded but I don't see an option to make toolpath visible through the part.

Is this option available?

Thanks

-------
Tommy J
Fusion 360 User
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Steinwerks
in reply to: trutech.eng

Have you tried changing the transparency of the body?
Neal Stein

New to Fusion 360 CAM? Click here for an introduction to 2D Milling, here for 2D Turning.

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube
Message 3 of 14
trutech.eng
in reply to: Steinwerks

I was just snooping around and I am not sure how to change the transparency.  Any tips on how to?  I would like to see if this is what I am looking for.  I have used HSM in the past and I remember being able to see the toolpath.

Thanks

-------
Tommy J
Fusion 360 User
Message 4 of 14
Steinwerks

It's part of the appearance settings for the solid body, but I believe can be set from a right-click menu if your body is a component.

Wdit: look for Opacity (not transparency).

I use HSMWorks at work and I can't see toolpaths through bodies, FYI.

Neal Stein

New to Fusion 360 CAM? Click here for an introduction to 2D Milling, here for 2D Turning.

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube
Message 5 of 14
trutech.eng
in reply to: Steinwerks

thanks for the reply.  I have been looking around in the appearance dialog box and I must be overlooking something, I am not seeing it.

I really thought I was able to view the tool path thought the solid body.  It has been quite a few months back now so I guess I am not remembering correctly

Thanks for the help.  🙂

-------
Tommy J
Fusion 360 User
Message 6 of 14
jeff.walters

This is a known limitation in Fusion CAM. In HSMWorks there is a view utility called Toolpath Occlusion, which allows you to turn this on and off while in the cam and is on the books to be brought over to Fusion (or come form of it).

Right now personally I go back to the Model space right click on the model, select Appearance, and change it to one of the glasses. DON’T FORGET to change it back after seeing what you needed to see.

app.png

Jeff Walters
Senior Support Engineer, CAM
Message 7 of 14
HughesTooling

If you are in the model workspace right click the top node to set to Opacity of all bodies\ components in the document, you can also right click on components to set opacity for just that component.

Clipboard02.png

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 14
ed
Advocate

Just a bump to fix this.  VERY annoying to have to go back and forth between manufacturing and design to change opacity.  Same problem when I link multiple items together in a new file.  Have to go back to the original file, change the opacity, save and then update.  Then again to undo it.

Message 9 of 14
HughesTooling
in reply to: ed

@ed  Have you tried just starting a simulation and adjusting the opacity on the simulation dialog, also uncheck stock. Not as convenient as being able to setup toolpaths with the model see through but might be quicker than constantly switching workspaces. @seth.madore  This is something that would be quite nice to have from the bottom toolbar at all times?

HughesTooling_0-1643823830343.png

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 10 of 14
ed
Advocate

Yes that works, but when it is 40 operations into a simulation it is far from ideal.

Message 11 of 14
seth.madore
in reply to: HughesTooling

@HughesTooling sorry, catching up on emails and notifications. What exactly would be nice to have in the MFG workspace? Opacity controls of models at the bottom toolbar?

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 12 of 14
HughesTooling
in reply to: seth.madore

@seth.madore wrote:

@HughesTooling sorry, catching up on emails and notifications. What exactly would be nice to have in the MFG workspace? Opacity controls of models at the bottom toolbar?

Yes, or the same control you have in the design workspace when you right click a component or body in the browser.

Thanks Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling

EESignature

Message 13 of 14
ed
Advocate
in reply to: seth.madore

Yes, the same opacity control of the model from the design workspace in the manufacturing workspace.

Message 14 of 14
AaronRonda1

Why not just have an option to see the toolpath without having to change opacity?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report