Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scaling a project up in size including sketches, bodies, parts, machining etc..

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
safiredesignengineers
73 Views, 2 Replies

Scaling a project up in size including sketches, bodies, parts, machining etc..

Hi Group

If I have a 2d sketch that is extruded into a body and possibly made into a part, and then machined as 2d milling.

is it possible to then go into design, select everything resize it by 2x, 4x etc.. then go back into machining and re-generate the machine to work out times?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

In general, yes, this should be possible. It may depend on how your selections are made and if you've mixed and matched elements, such as selecting the sketch for some toolpaths, and selecting from the model in others. That said, even a mix-match should still result in toolpaths regenerating.

Are you finding that is not the case, or are you asking in preparation for the tasks of the day?

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 3

Hi Seth

thank you for your reply, it wasn't working but I was dragging a window over everything on the screen on one attempt, and then shift-selecting sketches, bodies, and components from the tree on another attempt.
but after reading your message and knowing it was possible I tried again but this time I selected the main group at the top of the tree and it worked fine.

Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report