Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving file

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
ali_bat_11
278 Views, 12 Replies

Saving file

Having trouble saying files I was told I’ve saved to many times I have been working on a train set project for myself I have 112v saves so I tried deleting one v file and lost all my work lucky for me someone helped me recover my Files from the forum I still have a problem  it takes a long time to load and a long time to save and now I can’t save my saves I’m in my 70s so please can someone help me 

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

@ali_bat_11 @We will need log files to see what could be happening here. Can you also invite me into your project so that we can see what could be happening? Raj.kumar.ilanchelian@autodesk.com

Log files will also help 

Go to help- support and diagnostics - service utility - gather system info - attach the zip files that are generated. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 3 of 13

don t know how to invite you in

Message 4 of 13
ali_bat_11
in reply to: ali_bat_11

what to do l select. view, viewer, editor, manager, administrator 

lm afraid I am not that good I tend to forget what I done 15 minutes ago until I get the hang of it l am dyslexic so it takes me longer thank you alan

Message 5 of 13

@ali_bat_11 Thanks for the logs. Will look int it. For inviting me go to the data panel, select the hub and then the project and there is a people tab where you can enter the email ID.

Screenshot 2023-12-10 at 9.42.35 AM.png

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 6 of 13

I think I invited you hopefully thank you Alan
Message 7 of 13

@ali_bat_11 Thank you for the invite. can you now let me know which files you are seeing long load time and which files you are having difficulty saving? 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 8 of 13

Sorry for not getting back sooner. The file I’m having all the trouble with is Swindon work v12. V1 is a backup file. I know when you look at the file you will see a lot of yellow boxes where I’ve  made a lot of errors only I can’t delete them as it takes about 40 minutes to delete 1 box. I can work on the project but I have to do a bit at a time if is saving every 5 minutes hopefully I can finish this part of the project I can start another file to finish the rest of the project I know you will look at the file and think to yourself what the hell. If you can not help me I will understand as it is a mess I can see some of the sketches I should have done differently but I am sketching and learning as I go as it’s for myself

thank you Alan 

Message 9 of 13

@ali_bat_11 Thank you for the details. let me take a look at this file and lets start there. Will see if there are any changes we can make to start reducing some of the performance times that you called out here. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 10 of 13

@ali_bat_11 I found the file in the project but it looks like you gave me only viewer access to the project. This means I can only view the project but cannot do anything with it including open. I would need access to open files from here so that I can take a look at what could be happening. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 11 of 13

Hi Rajkumar Thank you for trying to help me when it comes to technology I’m useless I shall give up as trying to understand things like inviting and giving you full access I am just lost and confused when your dyslexic it makes it hard I appreciate all you have done

Thank you Alan
Message 12 of 13
ali_bat_11
in reply to: ali_bat_11

Hi Rakumar I went back to v72 which has not got the brick work and it is running smooth and saving fast so it was the brick work that was causing all the problems

Thank you for your help
Kind regards Alan
Message 13 of 13

@ali_bat_11 Thank you for the update and glad to know you identified the problem. Please let us know if we can help anywhere else. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums