Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rounding equations to 3 decimals

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
DarthBane55
204 Views, 3 Replies

Rounding equations to 3 decimals

How would I go about rounding an equation to 3 decimal places?

For example: (tool_diameter*0.013333)

If the tool is 0.5" diameter, this would result 0.006666666

But I want to use 0.007".

I just could not find a list of all the operators and whatnot that we can use in equations.

Thanks!

EDIT: I would also like to know if we can add  comments in equations.  I have a few funky equations and sometimes I'd like to edit them but can't remember exactly which constants do what.  If I could put myself a comment within the equation, it would be helpful.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Math.roundto(1.23456789in; 0.001in)

(Input1; Input2)
Input 1 is what ever expression you're evaluating and Input 2 is what decimal place you want to round to. 

You need to specify units for both, you can see I put (Input1in; Input2in)

Dan Pacific

Product Manager - Fusion 360 Manufacturing

Message 3 of 4

Thank you @daniel.pacific , that worked perfectly.

Since you marked your own answer as solved, could you answer the 2nd part of the question, about adding comments please?

Thanks again.

EDIT: actually, could you point me to an online document where they list all these functions?  Otherwise I'll have more and more questions regarding this as I am diving deeper in the equations now.  For example, now I'd like to know if we can do "if" statements and such.  Thanks!

Message 4 of 4

Just making sure you saw it 😀
https://help.autodesk.com/view/fusion360/ENU/?guid=MFG-REF-EXPRESS

The help source above is a solid reference to expressions and the math functions. 

Dan Pacific

Product Manager - Fusion 360 Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report