Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roughing out a mitre prior to chamfering for MDF panels

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
simonwjsawyer
148 Views, 2 Replies

Roughing out a mitre prior to chamfering for MDF panels

Hello,

I've been using fusion for a couple of years now and i still can't figure out how to rough out a mitre prior to using the chamfer pass. 

I do a lot of panel work and often want to mitre corners of sheet materials such as ply and MDF but sometimes do solid timbers too. I had been mitring on the router table but we've just got a tool changer so it makes sense to use a v bit to make the mitred corners. 

https://a360.co/3ZfQPNE

Above is an example of what i'm cutting. Ideally I'd like to rough out the mitre with a flat and then do a finishing pass with a v bit. This is because the chamfer appears to be a finishing operation and one can't do multiple depths. cutting a full depth chamfer on timber can cause breakout as its removing a lot of material at once. I had a nightmare with a walnut tabletop that i was putting a hefty chamfer on...

Is it possible to rough out with a flat or a ball end? if so how? its driving me mad!!

thanks in advance 

😊

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
seth.madore
in reply to: simonwjsawyer

Parallel or 3D Contour would be my choice:

2023-03-27_03h20_24.png

2023-03-27_03h21_03.png

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 3
simonwjsawyer
in reply to: seth.madore

Hi Seth,

Thats great, thank you. worked like a charm! 

best

simon

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report