Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotary Pocket feedback

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
DarthBane55
142 Views, 2 Replies

Rotary Pocket feedback

Refer to picture below.  I have 90% of the toolpath I want, but the exit move is not good, it just rapids straight up out of the part.  I want to do the same move as the lead-in (a bit shorter), so I want to exit the part in a straight line until the tool doesn't touch the wall.  Does not seem to be possible at this point.  I have the exit distance set the exact same as the entry distance.  Also, the entry distance shows like a vertical move in the little help window, but it's actually a horizontal move (which is preferred for rotary so that's good, but the help preview shows a vertical move).  It looks like the exit move setting is broken.

I thought the logical operation to get my wanted toolpath would have been "rotary contour" but it was not possible with that toolpath (my previous post is about that).

2.png3.png

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
seth.madore
in reply to: DarthBane55

Hey Darth,

Sorry for the late reply on this. Would you still happen to have the data for this part, and could you send it to me?

seth DOT madore AT autodesk DOT com

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 3
DarthBane55
in reply to: seth.madore

Hi Seth, no worries.

I made a dummy test file for it, see it attached.  It's now a .f3z, and it took a long time to export for some reason, let me know if something seems fishy.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report