Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotary Contour feedback

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
DarthBane55
97 Views, 0 Replies

Rotary Contour feedback

Hi, for the new "rotary contour" toolpath, I have a hard time creating exactly the path I want.  Refer to picture below.

I want to come in in a straight line, do 1 rotation on C-axis, and come out in a straight line.

At the moment, the lead-in/out options are a bit confusing, but I tried them all, and there does not seem to be a way to do what I need.  There is a lead radius, which is only a horizontal lead move, so you can imagine that if this was a groove the width of the tool, it would be gouging the walls of the groove.  And I need to start outside of the material, and this lead method plunges down in the material, then does an arc.

Maybe this is not the correct operation for what I want to do, let me know.  But the way to enter and exit the material are very limited for this toolpath.

I have partially achieved what I want by using "rotary pocket", and that will be my next post.

1.png

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums