Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reverse turning chamfer

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
alexandrubudu
144 Views, 3 Replies

reverse turning chamfer

hello, 

Because is a little lathe with one single post holder, I want to make most of the opperation with one tool. After interior contour and finishing, I want to make an outside chamfer with the same tool but I miss something and I do not what......attach the file

Tahank You 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
seth.madore
in reply to: alexandrubudu

The reason it's doing this is because your tool has it's origin set to here:

Snag_13f2a8b0.png

When we flip the tool over 90 degrees, it's trying to put that point where it needs to be, thus violating the part (which the Chamfer toolpath is more than happy to do)

If you want to use this tool, you're going to have to play with the Chamfer values until you get a result you like. Set to .01:

Snag_13f518c5.png

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 4

@alexandrubudu the turning chamfer operation is intended to be used when a chamfer is not actually modeled on the part and therefore requires you to select the edge that needs to be broken with a chamfer. If you have, in fact, a chamfer modeled on the part it is recommended that you use a profile finishing operation to machine it.

Regards,

Akash Kamoolkar
Software Development Manager
Message 4 of 4
seth.madore
in reply to: alexandrubudu

Thanks @akash.kamoolkar I goofed on this one. "Forest for the trees".....

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report