Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rest machining From previous operation, vs Setup Stock From preceding setup

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
wm_crash
165 Views, 2 Replies

Rest machining From previous operation, vs Setup Stock From preceding setup

Howdy,

I need a small clarification so I can do CAM the proper way.

My question is, when I select machining "From previous operation", is that supposed to work even if the previous operation is in a different setup?

My second question is when I set up a new Setup, and I define the Stock as "From preceding setup", does that mean the stock dimensions from the beginning of the preceding setup, or at the end of the preceding setup?

I sometimes encounter issues with Fusion not properly remembering what was already machined when there is a tool change (both within a setup and across setups). There are always simple workarounds but I am trying to get some clarifications for myself.

thanks in advance,

Cosmin

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
josh.reader
in reply to: wm_crash

Hi @wm_crash 

If you select Proceeding setup as your stock dimensions for your next setup it will be using the stock from the end of the setup (ie the machined state).

You should also select the continue rest machining tick box when selecting "proceeding setup" in the setup dialog for you to be able to use the from proceeding operation in the tool path . 

I hope this helps, 

Josh 

Joshua Reader
Manufacturing Engineer
Message 3 of 3
wm_crash
in reply to: josh.reader

Thank you for clarifying this.

Cosmin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums