Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repair Part- Don't know how to get fusion to follow pocket

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
pelseyHYPS2
138 Views, 2 Replies

Repair Part- Don't know how to get fusion to follow pocket

Hello. 

This part has me completely stumped. I am making this tool yoke for a piece of equipment at my shop. You can see it has a big open face pocket on it but fusion is just throwing me thru a loop about it. I have this piece mounted in a rotary I might add. 

pelseyHYPS2_0-1676656090171.png

I am able to face mill it down to about size. I then want to use a 1" endmill (or there abouts) and hog the middle of this pocket out about halfway through the workpiece. I am having trouble with this. Obviously the piece will be finished by a .500" endmill to achieve the corner radius of .250 after the fact but I cant seem to get anything to work when I program it. 

I've spent wayyyy too long on this thing and am at my wits end. Can someone smarter than me help me out? I am sure it's easy if you know how but clearly I don't know how. I'd be internally grateful for some help in the forums or by private message 

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
seth.madore
in reply to: pelseyHYPS2

ALT key is your friend. In this video (no audio) I walk thru how one would go about it:

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 3
pelseyHYPS2
in reply to: seth.madore

@seth.madore: Wow you made that look wayyy to easy. While I am thinking of it, on that file I do face milling to remove the stock quickly, how do I get it to tract closer to the face of part (in red). Right now it is pretty far away because it follows the rectangle flat part.  Screenshot 2023-02-20 111540.pngObviously I need to leave some stock to get my corner radius right but how can I get the tool to tract that on the way down then slide over to do the flat part that I have now? I promise this is the last silly question I have........ for now 🙂 

Thanks again 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report