Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regenerating Tool Paths After Making Offset Surfaces

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
brandon.dunn00
103 Views, 1 Reply

Regenerating Tool Paths After Making Offset Surfaces

Hey Fusion Team,

Not sure if the new update has caused this and if there is a way to turn it off. Everytime I make an offset surface all my toolpaths need to be regenerated. I know if I edit a body I have a toolpath referencing I'll have to regen but now toolpaths that have nothing to do with the surface are needing regen and then they are being affected by the bodies I am creating.

like example I have a chamfer I am going to surface a chamfer, so typically I would create an offset surface of the chamfer and extend the edges out a little so I don't enter onto the part, but now when I do that I'll have to regen the whole setup and my adaptive roughing is recognizing my offset body and not cutting over the area when it should be.

Please Help!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

In your Setup, have you selected just the model you want to machine, or have you selected the Component level item? I suspect it's the latter, as the behavior you're seeing aligns with how I would expect it to work. You're adding "bodies" to the Component, it should invalidate toolpaths 🤔

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report