Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent post processing language not understood by Mach 3

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
allanpoole
252 Views, 7 Replies

Recent post processing language not understood by Mach 3

I haven't generated any new G code in a while. A line G5.1 Q1 stumped my Mach 3 controller, I edited it out and in an air cut the spindle began wandering aimlessly in wide circles. I think I may need a less complicated post processor language. Something with a vocabulary like Donald Trump!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
engineguy
in reply to: allanpoole

@allanpoole 

Hmmm, doesn`t sound as though you are using the correct Post Procesor, the Mach3 PP for Mill doesn`t output a G5.1 Q1 at all, so can you upload the PP that you are trying to use and also a sample Fusion f3d file that gives you the problem.

Are you using Mill/Lathe/Laser/Router etc ?

Message 3 of 8
seth.madore

To be clear; you have a Mach 3 controlled machine and used the Mach 3 post processor, right?

I posted out a simple program on my end, there's no G5.1 posted out.

Typically, the G5.1 Q1 is a "smoothing" code that's used by Fanuc controls (it's a velocity tuning parameter that changes the accel/decel of the servos). Can you double check the post you're using and verify?

If that still doesn't solve your issue, could you share some screenshots of what you're seeing at post processing time as well as sharing the g-code that is produced?

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 4 of 8
allanpoole

I'm using Fanuc post processor from PP library. what should I use? I haven't had problems in the past. Is it upgrades that have changed things? In a simple milling operation, I have J's and I's which send the spindle in wandering circles.

Message 5 of 8
engineguy

@allanpoole 

If you are using Mach3 then you should be using the Mach3 Post Processor, the I, J, K in the code are incremental arc centers and are correct depending on how you have your Mach3 configured, see image below for the usual settings.

The Post Processor that you have been using has most likely been updated and changed, a small tip, once you have a Post Processor that works OK for you then you should make a copy of it and store it somewhere on your computer and also go to your "Preferences" and disable the Automatic Post Processor and Machine updates, put your good PP in your Local (Personal) Post Processor Library, it is much less likely to be overwritten during updates.

Attached is the latest Mach3 Post Processor that works correctly here, open your Local PP Library and import this PP into it and use from that location and you should be OK with it.

Mach3 Logic configuration.jpg

Message 6 of 8
allanpoole

Thanks so much. You saved me hours of fumbling around!

Message 7 of 8
allanpoole
in reply to: engineguy

I have installed Mach3 Mill that you attached. How do I get to the settings screen that you show? I will get to try the post processor out tomorrow. Thanks!

Message 8 of 8
engineguy

@allanpoole 

Open Mach3 and go to the top Left corner and select "Config" and you will get the drop down list as shown below, then select the "General Config" and that will get you to the main settings screen shown in my previous post, hope this helps 🙂

Mach3-General Config.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report