Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ramp not working like id want to

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
infoBSUCL
382 Views, 3 Replies

Ramp not working like id want to

Hello,

I am trying to ramp down a fillet surface, but the toolpath doesn't want to start from the top of the fillet (picture1). Instead it starts a bit lower and leaves a small amount of stock at the top of the fillet surface (picture2). I was hoping that it wouldn't be problem and i milled the part. The part came out as seen on picture2, the face of the part and the fillet didn't blend together smoothly because of the material left at the top of the fillet. I will include some info about the toolpath (picture3).

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
seth.madore
in reply to: infoBSUCL

Can you share the file?

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 4
Richard.stubley
in reply to: infoBSUCL

Hi @infoBSUCL,

Ramp is working but its probably not the best toolpath for this, Ramp is controlled with step down, when you are moving over the radi then the vertical step down is remaining constant, but the actual engagement changes. Imagine on a flat surface step-down has no effect.

Id try scallop toolpath for geometry like this, it keeps a nice constant engagement. 

scallop.jpg

Richard Stubley
Product Manager - Fusion Mechanical Design
Message 4 of 4
infoBSUCL
in reply to: Richard.stubley

Thanks, this worked really well. The surfaces came out smooth.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report