Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Radial Grooving with DNMG L & R

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Production42WVP
151 Views, 3 Replies

Radial Grooving with DNMG L & R

Hi,

I am trying to machine a part with flanges on both sides, necked in the center. I know I can do this with grooving tools, but am trying to do it with left and right-handed DNMG toolholders.

Roughing toolpaths look acceptable, given the tool orientation and clearance, but I want the tool to plunge straight in for finishing. Problem is that fusion calculates the infeed angle based on clearance that was only required for roughing.

Am I missing something or do I need to use a grooving tool to finish? (or write the code manually)

File attached, and thank you in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

@Production42WVP as of now the finishing toolpath will only finish the areas of the groove where material was removed by roughing. This is why you're seeing certain areas unfinished. but we're actively working on the ability to machine previously inaccessible parts of the groove (undercuts) in profile finishing that will allow you to do what you are requesting.

Regards,

Akash Kamoolkar
Software Development Manager
Message 3 of 4

@Production42WVP we've added a new "machine undercuts" feature to the update that went out recently that will allow you to do what you're trying here.

Regards,

Akash Kamoolkar
Software Development Manager
Message 4 of 4

Awesome, thank you! Looking forward to trying it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report