Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Warning: Tool diameter is larger than the maximum diameter supported for tools in this machine."

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
tom_marttila
140 Views, 3 Replies

"Warning: Tool diameter is larger than the maximum diameter supported for tools in this machine."

My goal is to cut slots for Lamello joining biscuits by using a slot cutting bit (Fraiser 118.040.8D), image below.

I added this bit into my tool library.

I have also created a machine into my machine library. I did this by entering the relevant configuration and parameters into the Fusion 360 configurator for a 3-axis milling machine and by specifying the post processor. This represents well the actual machine that I have.

I have now modeled a test body with a slot for a Lamello biscuit. The slot is 60 mm long and 4 mm high with a 100 mm radius at the back, image below.

2D Contour seems to work well for cutting the slot, simulation results are fine. But a warning stating "Warning: Tool diameter is larger than the maximum diameter supported for tools in this machine." is shown.

Where is the maximum tool diameter for the machine specified? I have not entered it, and I cannot find it.

Is 2D Contour the best option for cutting these slots?

tom_marttila_0-1701331035165.png

tom_marttila_1-1701331947297.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

You can specify maximum tool diameter on the head in kinematics tab of machine definition dialog:

viacheslavshapilov_0-1701343491355.png

Viacheslav Shapilov
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 4
tom_marttila
in reply to: tom_marttila

Thanks. There it was!

Message 4 of 4

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums