Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"This post processor might be unsafe"

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
FrodoLoggins
233 Views, 9 Replies

"This post processor might be unsafe"

Can't find my ~3 year old post about this but I just got this warning again. Posted with this post processor fine this morning and been using it for at least a few weeks daily.

Screenshot 2024-01-25 at 10.00.21 AM.png

This time though, I posted the file to my desktop, not my USB flash drive as usual.

- Time Magazine’s Person of the Year 2006
- Apple M1 Max rMBP A2485 // Latest MacOS // Latest Fusion
- Usually working off files uploaded to Fusion as: Step, STL, SLDPRT. If it matters ask me.
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

If you are using Mac, it is possible, that post just failed to postprocess. For example, if it does not have permissions to write into destination. Post processor on Mac does not report errors correctly. So, Fusion does not know, why it has failed. It could be an issue with calling restricted function, or any other reason. That's why it asks to try it run without restrictions. We are going to address error reporting issue on Mac in new postprocessor engine. You can test it already, it is available in CAM options.

Restricted functions are functions that directly access files on your file system, sending network requests and so on. If you got the post from untrusted source, it can be potentially malicious. If it is your post, and you are sure, it does not send your credit card numbers to hackers, just try to run it without restrictions.

Viacheslav Shapilov
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 10

I've definitely posted to my desktop before and as a test I just posted to my desktop without issue/warning. But is there anywhere in my Mac's system settings app where I can double check if Fusion has access?

- Usually working off files uploaded to Fusion as: Step, STL, SLDPRT. If it matters ask me.
Message 4 of 10

As I mentioned, it can be any other issue. I'd recommend to try new post processor and post it without restrictions. So you should be able to get actual error message.

Viacheslav Shapilov
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 5 of 10

I know how to post but not sure how to post "without restrictions". What do you mean by this?

Also you guys update the posts every few months and I redownload them. And I've been getting this warning once every few months for the past 3 years so I doubt downloading a new post will fix this.

Message 6 of 10
seth.madore
in reply to: FrodoLoggins

It seems to me that once you have a post that you like, you would want to download it and store it locally so it never gets updated, but that's just me....

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 7 of 10
FrodoLoggins
in reply to: seth.madore

Yes I save them to:

Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 2.44.29 PM.png

Not locally but they never get updated. The only one changing things to the posts would be me and once I upload them to that folder they don't get edited.

Message 8 of 10
matty.fuller

"without restrictions" means clicking "Yes" when it asks if you'd like to run it without restrictions

Message 9 of 10
FrodoLoggins
in reply to: matty.fuller

Thanks. When it happens again after clicking that I'll let you know.

Message 10 of 10
FrodoLoggins

Am I actually logged in? Let's check.

Screenshot 2024-01-31 at 12.42.41 PM.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report