Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question on the mazak machine model for simulation

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
samQBELZ
105 Views, 4 Replies

question on the mazak machine model for simulation

hi all I looking for some information on the Fusion 360 cv5 machine model and post it comes with.

so I downloaded the Mazak cv5 500 machine model from the library and saw it comes with Mazak generic post that allows it to run machine simulation but when I change it to the 5-axis post I currently using it doesn't allow me to run the machine sim option.

so does that mean the Mazak Genric post also covers all the 3-axis 3=2 and 5-axis full sim tool generation? when send to machine

or is it just to help the machine model sim the tool pathing on fusion before posting?

any help on this or explaining the difference in post as currently using the vc-500 post that had alter chance make it run smooth on 5 axis

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
KrupalVala
in reply to: samQBELZ

Hi @samQBELZ ,

It seems like the issue you're facing might be related to the modifications you made to your post. When using machine simulation, it's important to ensure that post kinematics are not altered or changed in the post or post properties. The Mazak post have all the milling capabilities you need, and it's a versatile option.

The VC-500 post, on the other hand, is designed for a specific Mazak machine series. If you're working with a different series of Mazak machine, it's advisable to use the Generic Mazak post, as it provides broader compatibility.

Thanks,

Krupal Vala
Senior Technology Consultant - Post Processor & Machine Simulation
Message 3 of 5
samQBELZ

so thing is I am running a 3+2 part right now I have just tried the generic Mazak post on the cv5 500 machine when it moved to a place then just hung there like it pauses but the spindle still going and no alarm just not moving

I don't know if this is because I have not attached the machine model to its set and it needs that to work out where it needs to go.

or is the post still missing something?

but with another one with a few mods works for the machine currently 

can anyone confirm you need to upload the machine model to a setup and then post using the Mazak generic post to do 3+2 and other tool paths? 

Message 4 of 5
KrupalVala

HI @samQBELZ ,

Whether you use machine simulation or not, NC ouput should not impact. The behavior of the machine should remain same in both the cases

• Modified post-kinematics without machine simuation
  • Machine simulation kinematics with a generic post.

Without knowing the error, we cannot  identify whether the issue lies in post-processing, machine simulation, or another factor. If it possible,Please share the project and modified post for further investigation.

Thanks,

Krupal Vala
Senior Technology Consultant - Post Processor & Machine Simulation
Message 5 of 5
samQBELZ

i using the download from fusion 360 post for Mazak generic post not modded and the none change machine model also so every new and untouched at the moment to try post out tool path 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report