Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PUNCH FINISH AFTER HEAT TREATMENT

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
info
83 Views, 1 Reply

PUNCH FINISH AFTER HEAT TREATMENT

Good morning,
I should perform the finishing of the attached punch. I need to follow the copying on the green faces, but I do not need to touch the red faces as I am performing them with wire EDM. The only problem is that I should continue in tangency with the cutter and the edge between the 2 faces must be sharp because it must shear. if I put the red surfaces as parts to avoid I am left with the witness between the faces. How could I do that?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
a.laasW8M6T
in reply to: info

I was going to do a Zero offset surface and then extend it to allow the tool to mill cleanly off the part, but unfortunately the model isn't good quality and has some errors which are preventing me from doing this.

here there is a little overhanging lip:

error.png

I believe this is preventing me from extending the surface

Because the part was not modelled in Fusion and has no design history I cannot go back and see where the error was generated and my attempts to fix it have all failed.

I suggest that you need to go back to wherever the part was designed and get the model cleaned up.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums