Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pull bar out of spindle

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
thierry924K4
350 Views, 7 Replies

pull bar out of spindle

Hi Everybody

I need to make a bit of a long piece, the bar is 150mm with a diameter of 42mm. it shakes a bit plus I need to internal turning and threading, this will not work. it shakes to much.

I there a way that I can make the internal work with the piece only sticking out for 60mm then the subspindle comes out and pull it out to 160mm and then I want to cut it.

to work the other side I will turn the piece around manually

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
engineguy
in reply to: thierry924K4

@thierry924K4 

Does the "Part Handling" function not do this for you ?

It will move to position and clamp to the workpiece using the "Sub Spindle Grab" command and then using the "Sub Spindle Return" to unclamp the Primary Spindle and move away to the position of you choice ??

Part Handling.jpg

Part Handling-1.jpg

The actual code output will depend on your Post Processor.

Message 3 of 8
thierry924K4
in reply to: engineguy

Hi, yes but i do not know where i can set the value it needs to go back to?

And after that i need to do another subspindle return?

Message 4 of 8
thierry924K4
in reply to: engineguy

@engineguy 

Hi, yes but i do not know where i can set the value it needs to go back to?

And after that i need to do another subspindle return?

Message 5 of 8
ltomuta

Try "keep both clamped" and give the pull distance as the offset in the Feed Plane below 

ltomuta_0-1670274525970.png

Then a 2nd Subspindle Return command with an offset of 0 will likely send your subspindle home.

Message 6 of 8
thierry924K4
in reply to: ltomuta

hi thx

How would it work if we keep both clamps closed? 🙂 

Message 7 of 8
thierry924K4
in reply to: ltomuta

Never mind I tried it and it outputted this code, wich I think it should work, 

I will try this this evening 🙂 

thierry924K4_0-1675758890517.png

Message 8 of 8
marshallt179

You will likely need to compensate the length on all toolpaths after the bar pull. You could probably accomplish this by creating a new setup with a different WCS. As previously mentioned, leaving the Subspindle Return Feed Plane offset at 0 will force the subspindle to return to home (At least that is the case in the post that I am using). There is a new feature for a bar pull that I believe automatically compensates the toolpaths that occur after it.

Here is a link to a bar pull work flow that I have used with the legacy subspindle return strategy. https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-manufacture/subspindle-workflow-pull-bar-before-parting-off-fo...

This thread discusses the post modifications required to utilize the new Bar Pull feature. https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-manufacture/post-does-not-support-bar-pull/m-p/12667732/highli...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report