Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems in turning cam cutting 2 faces

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Matthew.heaton92
189 Views, 6 Replies

Problems in turning cam cutting 2 faces

I am trying to program this part and am having tons of issues. Almost every part I do I face, then rough, and when i finish I come down the face then the body. That is what I cant figure out how to do. Same thing with the bore. The bore has a 75 Degree chamfer on it but i cant figure out how to cut the bore and chamfer in one finish pass. Any help would be great.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Please make a demo file with your best attempts at creating these toolpaths and share here as an f3d file.

Thanks Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7

I got the bore to work out. but I still cant get the finish to turn the face and the chamfer. This part is after heat treat and all I have to finish is the Overall length and the bore. Here is the file

Message 4 of 7

@Matthew.heaton92 try setting your front mode to stock front instead of model front in the geometry tab.

Regards,

Akash Kamoolkar
Software Development Manager
Message 5 of 7

I cant believe it was that simple thank you. I was sitting here so frustrated. Thanks again!
Message 6 of 7

@Matthew.heaton92 i'm glad it was that simple. funny thing is, this is the second time this week that someone got this clarified on the forum.

Regards,

Akash Kamoolkar
Software Development Manager
Message 7 of 7

**** I need to search better before I post.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report