Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems in generating ramp processing toolpaths

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
loveluckey
172 Views, 4 Replies

Problems in generating ramp processing toolpaths

I am trying to engrave text with a depth of 0.3mm using an end mill with a diameter of 0.1mm. The problem is that the end mill is too small to create a ramp when cutting the text. While the tracing function can cut along the centerline of the text, it does not have a ramping feature. On the other hand, the contouring feature has a ramping feature, but it does not have a toolpath that follows the centerline of the text, so I have to manually sketch the entire text by moving the toolpath by the diameter of the tool. Is it possible to update the program to address this issue?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
seth.madore
in reply to: loveluckey

Please share your Fusion file here.

File > Export > Save to local folder, return to thread and attach the .f3d file in your reply

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 5
loveluckey
in reply to: seth.madore

add file..

Message 4 of 5
seth.madore

Hmm. I'm not thinking of a possible solution that doesn't some level of sketches. Slot could work, if all contours were equally spaced apart (they're not). 2D Engrave would require a chamfer type tool, but that does support multiple stepdowns (not ramp though)..

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 5 of 5
DarthBane55

In 2dContour, if you turn compensation off, it will go on centerline just like trace.

1.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report