Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with axial grooving

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
brane421
400 Views, 8 Replies

Problem with axial grooving

Hello,

I have few problems wit using Fusion, I trhink it is after last update.

One of them is when I use tool for inner turning and groving is not allowed in my setup, it stil makes axial grooving.

Second is in same setub when using tool which I usualy use for axial turning it looks like it takes setup from another setup, not the one I am working at

Did someone had any similar issues?

regards,

Branimir

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
seth.madore
in reply to: brane421

Would you be able to share your Fusion file here?
File > Export > Save to local folder, return to thread and attach the .f3d/.f3z file in your reply.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 9

The lack of any replys to grooving threads shows autodesk know about this issue just wont talk about it im assuming due to liability 

Message 4 of 9

@forgeperformance wrote:

The lack of any replys to grooving threads shows autodesk know about this issue just wont talk about it im assuming due to liability 

Hardly that 😉

We're well aware of the issues surrounding our current Groove toolpath, which is why we've devoted a large chunk of resources to designing a more robust solution for groove roughing and finishing.

Seth Madore
Message 5 of 9
brane421
in reply to: seth.madore

hello Seth, I am sending file

Message 6 of 9
brane421
in reply to: seth.madore

I am stuck, I cant groove it, any help?

Message 7 of 9
akash.kamoolkar

@brane421 I have created a ticket to fix this issue. until we fix it a temporary workaround appears to be to uncheck "spun profile" in preferences-> optional features. then open and close the setup dialog and regenerate the toolpath. the tool will not go into the groove.

Regards,

Akash Kamoolkar
Software Development Manager
Message 8 of 9
seth.madore

@brane421,

what exactly do you mean by the following:

1) "in same setup when using tool which I usualy use for axial turning it looks like it takes setup from another setup"

and

2) for your initial issue, which exact toolpath were you referring to, can you provide some screenshots to help us out?

Seth Madore
Message 9 of 9
akash.kamoolkar

@brane421 This issue has been fixed in the Fusion update that recently went out.

Regards,

Akash Kamoolkar
Software Development Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report