Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting multiple operations (same tool) to one subprogram

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jtl1988
332 Views, 5 Replies

Posting multiple operations (same tool) to one subprogram

I'm currently programming some parts on a horizontal, I want to be able to post multiple operations (same tool) to a single subprogram not by individual operations... is this possible? I currently have these grouped in individual folders separated by what work offset they are attached to as I need to use several different WCS's. For example, I have a 3/8" endmill running 4 different toolpaths on my G54 work offset with the tombstone rotated at 0 degrees and then I'm running another 3 toolpaths with the same tool using G55 with it rotated at 90 degrees. Was originally hoping that if I checked off the "pattern" tab in my folder and just made a duplicate at the same location and unchecked the "keep original" tab that this would be recognized when posting with sub programs and choosing

'patterns" but no such luck. This will post all my sub programs and all my WCS/rotations correctly using "operations" but trying to avoid having to manage 97 different subprograms, if I could do this it would be reduced to about 15 which is much more manageable.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CGBenner
in reply to: jtl1988

@seth.madore is this something that can be done now, or more of an enhancement request?

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 3 of 6
seth.madore

Yes, this is quite likely to be possible, but will be solved best thru some careful post processor edits. You need a way of jumping in and out of subprograms and I don't think the current (default) method is going to work well for you. I suggest reaching out to some of our top notch partners and seeing if they can craft you a solution. Both DSI and CADPRO NZ are excellent places to start.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 4 of 6
CGBenner

@jtl1988  Did the information provided by @seth.madore answer your question? If so, please use Accept Solution so that others may find this in the future. Thank you very much!

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 5 of 6
jtl1988
in reply to: CGBenner

Yes and no, was hoping this was something that could be done through fusion. We've used Surfcam in the past where this was a standard in the posts. Will wait to see if this is something that can eventually be done along with posting local sub routines.
Message 6 of 6
seth.madore

With almost 100% certainty, I can say that this is something that would get handled by the post processor customization long before it becomes a native setting in Fusion.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report