Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting Gcode to a Root2 CNC Router

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
tbanfield
101 Views, 1 Reply

Posting Gcode to a Root2 CNC Router

Hi Team,

I am using F360 to design and machine out small parts for my RD planes but its been a while since I used fusion 360 to post Gcode and it appears that the parameters have changed. 

My CNC is a Root2 unit running Marlin. I had a special post file that I use to put into Fusion so my CNC program would come out right. My version of Marlin says its Reprap firmware based on Sprinter and grbl. 

The post file I use to use is called MPCNC_Fusion360_V6_SDcard.RAR. Are you able to help me select a post processor that will make a Gcode file so my CNC program will be able to read it. I have tried the GRBL setting in the Fusion library but the sketch is all jumbled.

Thank you 

Tony

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
seth.madore
in reply to: tbanfield

Was this a post processor that you had downloaded from another source, such as Marlin or your machine manufacturer? Do you still have that download file available to you? The .RAR extension is not a post file, but a "zipped" file, so it's possible it still exists on your computer. If you store post files in the Cloud Library, it should always exist thru updates

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report