Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post to 2 different posts simultaneously?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
CuttingEdgeManufacturing
112 Views, 1 Reply

Post to 2 different posts simultaneously?

We are looking at changing how we schedule jobs with a new ERP system possibly in the future that allows a part to be scheduled for multiple machines and basically allows us some flexibility. my question is I only have haas mills and milltronics mills, so 2 posts is all i deal with. can i have a post that creates duplicate programs for both machines, 1 for each post? like 1 post in f360 that calls up 2 seperate posts and puts them in subfolders in the directory chosen in f360? how hard would this be?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi.  I think the NC Program functionality is the easiest way to do this.  After you make all of your toolpaths, create an NC program for your Haas mill.  Then, duplicate the NC program and point it towards your Milltronics post processor.  The two won't post simultaneously but they'll both be based on the same operations so any changes you make will automatically be incorporated into both NC programs.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums