Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Processor Not Outputting Any - Baxis Rotations

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
bpetersen9BTH4
311 Views, 12 Replies

Post Processor Not Outputting Any - Baxis Rotations

Good morning everyone,

I have a horizontal Kitamura that over the last little while I've been developing a new post processor for.

I just realized that my post will not output - B axis values.

If I tell it to rotate to B90.0 it does just fine but when I tell it to go to B-90 it just goes back to B90.0

Anyone online who can help me out?

I have attached my file and my post, in the "OP1 Fixture OP2" Setup, I rotate Tool 41 B90 and B-90.

both toolpaths get output with B90. in the code

Thanks for the help

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
engineguy
in reply to: bpetersen9BTH4

@bpetersen9BTH4 

As I have no idea what modifications you have done to the original PP instead of using a different PP that does the indexing correctly I have done a couple of small Modifications to your uploaded PP, test very carefully in air before trying it on material just in case my mods have disturbed any of your mods 🙂 🙂

Modified PP attached. If no good then throw away so it can`t be used in error 🙂

Message 3 of 13
bpetersen9BTH4
in reply to: engineguy

Thanks @engineguy Ill give this a try today!

I guess I could have been more clear with my original post.

The current post that I have been using is the HAAS with A axis post that I modified to work with a B axis,

not the best way of doing it i know but it was my first attempt at getting a post to work.

Being a Haas post it has stuff like G187 for smoothing instead of G05.1

What I am doing now is I took the generic Fanuc post from Fusion and I have modified that to work for us. So its a completely different post all together.

Are you able to give me a quick rundown of what you changed so I know what to look for?

Thanks again

Message 4 of 13

@bpetersen9BTH4 you can use visual studio code to compare your original Post with the one @engineguy modified and it will go through the code highlighting the differences between the 2 files. That obviously won't give you an explanation of the changes but will let you see fairly easily what has been changed.

https://devblogs.microsoft.com/visualstudio/comparing-files-in-visual-studio/#:~:text=Compare%20sele....

Message 5 of 13

Okay thanks @Garrett_Wade ! That's really all I need,

Ill give this a try

Message 6 of 13
engineguy

@bpetersen9BTH4 

Short video of what I actually did to the PP, as previously mentioned this is a pure "hack" as I have no idea what had been previously done to the post to make it do what it was doing !

Not the correct way I am sure but it does seem to work OK here, use at own risk and hopefully one of the Post Processor gurus will chip in with the correct way to get it to work 🙂 🙂

Message 7 of 13
bpetersen9BTH4

Thanks @engineguy This helped,

I ran with that new post processor yesterday and it seemed to work fine!

Thanks again

Message 8 of 13

Hey @engineguy , 

Turns out that post wasn't exactly correct.

it does do B90 and B-90 but if you turn to any other angle it just outputs it as a B90 or B-90.

So if I turn to B-45.0 the post will output it as a B-90.0

Perhaps @seth.madore knows the issue,

Thanks

Message 9 of 13
engineguy

@bpetersen9BTH4 

Yep, obviously more "broken" than I thought 😞

Try the attached Fanuc PP, it does post angles correctly, whether it it works OK for the rest of your machine I do not know, maybe worth a try 🙂

Message 10 of 13
bpetersen9BTH4

Okay ill give this a try tomorrow morning,

thanks for the help

@engineguy 

Message 11 of 13

Okay, @engineguy So this post outputs the correct B values. But I cant seem to find what actually makes it work.

Do you know what this post has that my original one doesn't?

Thanks for the continuous help 

Message 12 of 13
engineguy

@bpetersen9BTH4 

Apology, I have no idea why your original PP did not work correctly, it requires someone far more knowledgable that I to answer your question, hopefully one of the Post Processor gurus who work on PPs every day !

If you have one that works does it matter ??

Message 13 of 13
bpetersen9BTH4

@engineguy 

Okay thanks for trying, if I find the solution I will post it here

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report