Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Processor Modification/ Tool Offset Diameter discrepancy

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
scott74UCF
269 Views, 8 Replies

Post Processor Modification/ Tool Offset Diameter discrepancy

Hi Guys,

I'm wondering if there is someone who can help me modify my post processor on here. 

I have tried my hardest on visual studio code to make the edits I need, but unfortunately ive come up empty handed so far. Not much of a coding guru 😑

My CNC is spitting out a syntax error code because my post leaves out the ) required after the file name in the g-code.

The original post spat out a 0, then the file name, so I was able to replace the 0 with a ( in visual studio code but now I need to finish the coding and add a ) after the file name.

E.g 

(SMALL TESTER) instead of (SMALL TESTER

I have included a gcode file which shows the discrepancy (see second line down)

I've been manually modifying the code after post processing to get me by for a few weeks, but I've decided i need to modify the actual post.

Find attached g-code example and post cps file.

Could someone be kind enough to help me please 😀

Also, Im having issues with the tool diameter offset not coming through like it should. 

My CNC requires the following example.

This example is for tool number 8 in carousel 8. Red is the items in discussion

(2D POCKET1)
T18 D8
M13 S12000
G54
G17
G90 G0 X151.881 Y99.367
G43 Z36. H18
G0 Z26.
G1 Z23.497 F2667

Instead, the g-code is coming out 

(2D POCKET1)
T18 D1
M13 S12000
G54
G17
G90 G0 X151.881 Y99.367
G43 Z36. H18
G0 Z26.
G1 Z23.497 F2667

All Diameter offsets are correct in my tool library., see attached screenshot.

Could this be a post issue also? Or am I missing something?

Many Thanks

Scott

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
a.laasW8M6T
in reply to: scott74UCF

Hi I am not sure why, but the post doesnt like the programName.toUpperCase()

prg name.png

If I remove the.toUpperCase it now posts correctly.

For the D value this had been Fixed to output only D1 no matter the tool so I have fixed this to output the correct D value.

Try attached post and see if that works for you

Message 3 of 9
scott74UCF

Hi  a.laasW8M6T,

Firstly, thankyou very much for your help. Your modifications have fixed the problem. 

I am now encountering a new problem, which shouldn't be too hard to fix I believe.

As I am migrating across from Enroute software to fusion 360 cam, I can provide an example of how the problem may be fixed. 

For example, when I program a part with multiple tools, my fusion post processor seems to be missing a few lines of code at the end of the first toolpath. Currently, when the first toolpath is finished, the machine stops to begin the process of unloading the first tool . The spindle stops and as its about to begin the toolchange sequence, when I receive a "spindle brush up sensor" alarm, which can only be cleared by cancelling the in process file.

I have replicated a tool change in Enroute (slightly different tools and part file), and noticed that Enroute includes a few extra lines of code at the end of the first tools coding. 

Fusions last line of code after tool 1 is G0 Z36,

Whereas Enroute's is G0 X415.833 Y244.89 Z26.001
G91 G28 Z0
M95
G90 G49 H0
M22

Is this something that needs to be added into the post processor?

I cant attach the Enroute file as its a "anc" file which fusion forum wont let me attach here. So ive attached a screenshot instead. Ive attached the fusion file 

Thankyou again for your help so far, I'm f.orever grateful.

Scott

Message 4 of 9
a.laasW8M6T

Hi

So the G0 move must be to say a corner of the part?

The next line: G91 G28 Z0 Is moving the spindle home in the Z axis

Could you tell Me what M95 does? Im guessing that or the M22 are raising the Dust shoe before the toolchange, 

The G90 G49 H0 is cancelling the tool length offset.

So If you could tell me what the M95 and M22 codes do that would be very helpful.

Message 5 of 9
scott74UCF

Ive taken some photos from the basic operation manual that came with the machine. 

Not sure how helpful it will be as M95 isnt even listed there 

Message 6 of 9
scott74UCF

Managed to find a m95 example further in the manual.

Looks like its a command to "all heads off"

IMG_4425.JPG

Message 7 of 9
a.laasW8M6T

So theres alot of things going on in that post processor that I don't really like, rather than keeping on hacking it until it works, could you try this one from the Fusion Library?

let me know if that does what you want

Message 8 of 9
scott74UCF

Hi, 

Yeah i tried that processor a few years ago but had no luck with it, so engaged a company here in Australia to build me a post, and that's the one i originally attached. Its riddled with issues and bugs, and the company I used is extremely difficult to work with so i inevitably gave up with them. And sure enough now i'm here. Just ended up using enroute because that post (cant be used for fusion) worked flawlessly so I never swapped over to fusioon. But now the time has come to do so.. Maybe we can set up a teams/skype call and chat about it further if you'd like more details. Always hard over messages

Message 9 of 9
a.laasW8M6T

Yes they haven't done a very good job, which is why I am hesitant to try to fix it, plus I am not familiar with the ins and outs of your machine

The level of skill to make a post like this work properly is above my skills.

I would suggest reaching out to CADPRO, their post developers are very skilled and are great to deal with.

https://customersuccess.autodesk.com/partners/cadpro-systems-australia-ltd/1729 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report