Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Processing for Engraving Preview Not Available

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
risa_vedoya
168 Views, 4 Replies

Post Processing for Engraving Preview Not Available

image_2024-03-19_212352479.png

I'm currently working on a project in which I have to engrave dog tags and exporting the NC file from Fusion360 has posed a quite a challenge. I was hoping someone would be able to help out.

In Fusion, I would specify my setup, tool, speeds, and would properly run a simulation of the engraving process. Once I complete that and go to the 'Post Process' section and create a NC file and go to view the G-Code on any software (tried NC Viewer, Visual Studio Code, and CAMotics), I get this same message as seen in the image, every time. I tried going to the link provided but it says it doesn't exist.

If anyone has any advice for me, please let me know. Anything would be appreciated! Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
a.laasW8M6T
in reply to: risa_vedoya

Hi

It seems you are using one of the Sample machines from the Fusion library in your setup.

These machines have a "Machinesimulation.cps" post processor which cannot output real code.

you need to select an appropriate post processor for your particular machine to post real code.

Can you tell us 

1. What your machine Brand and model is?
  2. What the controller Brand and model type is?

It would also be helpful if you could upload your Fusion file here.

Go to File>Export>Save as .f3d/.f3z

Message 3 of 5
risa_vedoya
in reply to: a.laasW8M6T

Hello!

Thank you for your quick response.

1. Machine: Denford Novamill CNC

2. Controller: BuildBotics CNC Controller

The file I'm currently working has a SVG file attached that belongs to my school that I'm a little nervous about posting on a forum. I have a Test file that I can add on which follows the same method I used for the other file.

Message 4 of 5
a.laasW8M6T
in reply to: risa_vedoya

Hi

see video for an explanation on how to select the correct post.

Message 5 of 5
risa_vedoya
in reply to: a.laasW8M6T

Thank you so much!! I was able to get it with the other design with your help. I really appreciate the time you took to make the video as well, you're amazing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report