Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post output to wrong network directory location

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
genxmachining.mill
316 Views, 5 Replies

Post output to wrong network directory location

I've been dealing with an issue of where Fusion saves my NC files. Currently we output all our NC files to a network folder so all computers can access them. However, I select the correct output directory when creating an NC program but when I post process, it sends it to another location: "C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Autodesk Fusion 360\UCPTRUKWQJLM\W.login\F\[directory]. Why does it do this and how can I set it to post to the correct directory?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Labels (5)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Can't offer any solutions, but I can confirm mine's doing exactly the same.

It's doubly annoying since it evidently checks the correct destination folder exists and refuses to post anything if it doesn't.  If the correct folder does exist, Fusion goes ahead and writes the output to the wrong location.

Message 3 of 6

Hi -

Sorry for the delay here. Not quite sure what's happening.

Are you able to record a Screencast (or other video) of this occurring?

Thanks,

Jeff

Message 4 of 6
davidGLA8P
in reply to: jeff.pek

Hi Jeff, thanks for replying.

It took me a while to replicate the problem as it seemed to work correctly when I re-opened the model, but I think I've found out where it's going wrong.  Looks like you have to open a model that's already got an nc program with an output path that doesn't exist.  In my case, it was pointing at a removable drive that had been, err, removed. Trying to post in that state produces the error you'd expect.

If you then edit the nc program so the output path is valid and then try to post it, that's when you see the problem.  You don't get an error message, but the output doesn't go where you asked either.   Th eonly solution seems to be to save the corrected model, shut everything down and then open again.  This time round, everything works as it should.

See the screencast below.

https://autode.sk/33Zo1hy

Message 5 of 6
jeff.pek
in reply to: davidGLA8P

Thanks for the video and the analysis!

I've seen some similar-looking issues go by here, so I'll make sure this either matches one of the existing tickets, or create a new one. 

Jeff

Message 6 of 6
jeff.pek
in reply to: jeff.pek

FYI, I don't see an existing relevant ticket, so I've created CAM-24824.

Jeff

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report