Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post keeps forcing a live tool process on an ST10Y

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
trevor
121 Views, 3 Replies

Post keeps forcing a live tool process on an ST10Y

Hello,

Been banging my head trying to figure out why Fusion insists on posting a live tool for a simple drilling operation. I've turned off live tool at the tool level yet it still try's to spool up the tool instead of the spindle. Seems like this should be a pretty simple thing. Running the latest fusion and post for the st10y

Cheers!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
seth.madore
in reply to: trevor

Typically this is forced out when the hole you're trying to drill is not on the centerline of Z. Can you share your model so we may review your settings?

File > Export > Save to local folder, return to thread and attach the .f3d file in your reply

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 4
trevor

Holy smokes Seth I think you nailed it. Never thought to check that and for some weird reason the 2nd diameter hole is off center by 0.0000464 💩

So when Fusion sees a non centered hole it will try and force a live tool operation. Makes perfect sense. Thanks Seth for the help!

Message 4 of 4
seth.madore

Ha, that's good you figured it out 🙂

(the only reason I suspected that as the issue is because I've run into this myself....)

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report