Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

post for Grob G350

44 REPLIES 44
SOLVED
Message 1 of 45
KennyMachinist
2534 Views, 44 Replies

post for Grob G350

Hello fusion 360, this is Ken from Birdwell Machine.

We have recently bought a Grob G350 horizontal 5 axis milling machine with a Siemens Sinumerick 840D control.

I have been trying to modify the Sinumerick 840D post to output code that the machine will accept to no avail. The machine wants to have "G_BACK_TUNNEL" retract the tool to a safe place to swivel the rotary axes. Also the machine wants three different modes for CYCLE832: "_ROUGH", "_SEMI_FIN", and "_FINISH". The fusion 360 Sinumerick 840D is only set up for two modes and I've always had to hand edit the CYCLE832 to get it to work on our DMU50. Can I get someone to help me build a post for the Grob G350? I don't understand java script enough to do it by myself. Please find attached a sample of g code provided by Grob.

44 REPLIES 44
Message 2 of 45
Bartek_K
in reply to: KennyMachinist

Hi, Have you got help or made this post yourself? Additionaly, I am looking for cad model of Grob G550 or G350 machine. Do you have any?

Message 3 of 45
KennyMachinist
in reply to: Bartek_K

Hello bartlomiej.

No I did not make the post myself. I am trying to modify the Sinumerick 840D post that is on the fusion360 post library and I am not an expert with java script. I do not have a model for the machine either unfortunately.
Message 4 of 45

Hi @KennyMachinist 

You can look at the technical fact for information's on how to edit post.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/hsm-post-processor-forum/technical-faq/td-p/7473258

If you prefer, you can also contact an Autodesk partner for creating your post.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/hsm-post-processor-forum/hsm-post-adjustments-needed-find-your-right-...

Regards.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Serge.Q
Technical Consultant
cam.autodesk.com
Message 5 of 45
Bartek_K

I am using this post isn't perfect but works. I am preparing wirtual machine for Grob G550. If you want I will be abble to share it.

Message 6 of 45

Sorry I can't help you, but I sure would love to have one of those machines.

Leo C

Message 7 of 45
j.mitch97

Hi @KennyMachinist,

can you upload your post?

I can have a look at trying to figure out the "G_BACK_TUNNEL" to look like your sample code.

I don't think I will be able to get cycle832 to work but I will also take a look at that as well.

no promise but I'm happy to help if I can figure it out.

Thanks,

Joe

Message 8 of 45

watching this, as I will hopefully need a post / machine sim file in say about.. 6 months or so 🙂

Message 9 of 45

Hi,

to add the G_BACK_TUNNEL search the writeRetract(Z) call in the onSection function of the post, it should be a good candidate for addigin this function (eventually replacing the previous output of the writeRetract function)

For changing the logic on the smoothing code, still in the onSection function, look for the following code:

if (getProperty("useSmoothing")) {
    if (hasParameter("operation-strategy") && (getParameter("operation-strategy") == "drill")) {
      writeBlock("CYCLE832()");
    } else if (hasParameter("operation:tolerance")) {
      var tolerance = Math.max(getParameter("operation:tolerance"), 0);
      if (tolerance > 0) {
        var workMode = 1;
        var stockToLeaveThreshold = toUnit(0.1, MM);
        if ((hasParameter("operation:stockToLeave") && (xyzFormat.getResultingValue(getParameter("operation:stockToLeave")) < stockToLeaveThreshold)) ||
            (hasParameter("operation:verticalStockToLeave") && (xyzFormat.getResultingValue(getParameter("operation:verticalStockToLeave")) < stockToLeaveThreshold))) {
          workMode = 1;
        } else {
          workMode = 2;
        }
        writeBlock("CYCLE832(" + xyzFormat.format(tolerance) + ", 11200" + workMode + ")");
      } else {
      }
    } else {
    }
  }

If your cycle832 suppport 3 variables instead of the numerical one, you will need to define the logic to detect what is a roughing, semi-finishing, or finishing operations. (Based on toolpath tolerance, stock left on the part...)

It's the code written between line 9 to 14, and outputted on line 15.

Regards.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Serge.Q
Technical Consultant
cam.autodesk.com
Message 10 of 45
KennyMachinist
in reply to: j.mitch97

Hello j.mitch97,

Here is the post I have so far. The CYCLE832 issue has been solved. I am just having trouble getting it to do "G_BACK_TUNNEL". It has to be without a machine axes (X, Y, Z, A, B, OR C). It needs to do the "G_BACK_TUNNEL" every time it changes angle in CYCLE800, moving between work offsets, at the start of the program, and at the end of the program. And I'm pretty sure there should be an M09 on the line before it to keep coolant from mucking up the tunnel. If you can help me get past this hurtle, I will gladly press the accept solution button with a WOOHOO!
Message 11 of 45
j.mitch97

Has this been sorted now with you accepting a solution?

if not, I still don't see your post processor. (.cps file) to be able to edit your post.
Message 12 of 45
KennyMachinist

Hello j.mitch97.

No the G_BACK_TUNNEL issue is not solved. I must have attached the file incorrectly. Can you see the .CPS file now?

Message 13 of 45
j.mitch97

@KennyMachinist 

Yes, I can see your post now.

This is what your post does now, I've looked at the sample you gave on your original post, and I don't think it looks too far off now. let me know if it's any good or they are in the wrong order.

GROB G350.jpg

you can find what I have added to the post by searching for //ADDED 11/11/2022

Hopefully this works for you.

Thanks,

Joe

Message 14 of 45
KennyMachinist

OK j.mitch97,

So, I posted a part program that I want run in the Grob with the .CPS file you modified. There are 3 problems. 1: It G_BACK_TUNNELs too often. It does it between operations done with the same tool in the same work offset, which is redundant. 2: It does "SUPA Z-.01" and "SUPA X-18 Y-1", which the machine doesn't like. 3: It output "CYCLE800(1,"TC_GROB",0,45,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0)" 6 times. The machine chokes on these bad CYCLE800s because they are missing the last "," variable which is polarity [must be a 1 or -1]. These bad CYCLE800s are trying to send the machine to A0 B0 when that isn't even the angle the operations need, so I have no idea why they were done. I think what needs to be done is replace writeRetract(Z) with G_BACK_TUNNEL somehow, ditch writeRetract(X, Y) altogether,

and fix whatever is outputting the bad CYCLE800s. Every time I try to do this, I break the .cps file and it won't post a part program anymore. Do you know how to go about doing this? I have attached the part program file and I noted all the stuff that is bad with "; not needed".

Thanks in advance, Ken

P.S. I had to change the file from TEST_NEW_POST.MPF to TEST_NEW_POST.NC because the attachment window wouldn't accept a .MPF file.

Message 15 of 45
j.mitch97

Does this look a bit more usable to you? see attachment

I've looked at your Hypermill code and it uses cycle800() before the G_BACK_TUNNEL move. I'm assuming the fusion post was trying to do the same thing, but it was inputting it like this instead

CYCLE800(1,"TC_GROB",0,45,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0); 
does the fusion post need to input cycle800() at the end of each toolpath like on your Hypermill post?

Message 16 of 45
j.mitch97

@KennyMachinist 

Give this a go, I think I have sorted the issue with the number of times the G_BACK_TUNNEL was being outputted, Added M9 before G_BACK_TUNNEL, also I have removed "SUPA Z-.01" and "SUPA X-18 Y-1" out of the post as requested.

I'm unsure what you want to do about the CYCLE 800 at the end of each toolpath. so, there are a few options in the post which will change what code is outputted. if you go to line 1103 in the post there is a false/true statement which changes the last value within the CYCLE800(****) 

set to false: CYCLE800(1,"",0,27,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0)

set to true: CYCLE800(1,"",0,27,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1) I think this is what you are wanting the post to do.

Thanks,

Joe

Message 17 of 45
Bartek_K

I prepared wirtual machine for Grob G550 with HSK63 spindle. This is not the final version and for example I atached tool point inside spindle because of kinds tool holders I have in my library but now a day it works pretty good. 

The problem is with connection "no supa" post I can't simulate machine with it. 

Another thing, I have question if is this posible to make two more changes:

1) Last tools 

2)deviding program on groups 

I attached sample of code we are using.

Message 18 of 45
j.mitch97

Hi @Bartek_K,

The post I modified for @KennyMachinist is from 2019 and I don't think the post supports machine simulation, I could be wrong, but I don't think machine simulation has been out for that long.

It might be easier for me to make the same changes to the latest post processor available from the fusion library.    

if I get a bit of time today, I will look at doing this 

Message 19 of 45
serge.quiblier

For reference, here is the original knowledge base article for adding machine simulation capabilities to an existing post:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/fusion-360/learn-explore/caas/simplecontent/content/configuri...

.Regards

Serge.Q
Technical Consultant
cam.autodesk.com
Message 20 of 45
j.mitch97

@Bartek_K @KennyMachinist,

Here is the latest post processor for GROB G350/550 using Siemens 840D control.

this worked fine on my end with your G550 machine for machine simulation, only problem I found was that the cutter doesn't sit in the spindle but off set so I think your fixing selection might be wrong. 

GROB 550.jpg

to answer your second question, I don't know how you would implement that into the post processor.

I'm not sure if I fully understand what the groups are for, I'm interested to know if you can explain it to me?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report