Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Empty Warning Message

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
1Macaddict
275 Views, 9 Replies

Post Empty Warning Message

There is a post at https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-manufacture/empty-warning/m-p/12261777#M146157

Apologies, this is posted twice in this forum. I didn't see a way to delete it so if someone can, please delete it. 

I believe I updated to Fusion 360 (Fusion 360 2.0.17244 arm64 [Native]) then went and checked for any post updates. I downloaded the Haas Next Generation Version: 44083 and I believe this anomaly started after that.

I don't know if the Haas Next Generation Control Version: 44083 post worked normally with the previous version of Fusion 360.

There is now a warning triangle that shows up to the left of the NC Program that is created but the warning is empty. Everything appears to be working although the warning is a little distracting.

I was using the Haas - Next Generation Control Version: 44066 post

I see the warning on new and old files that I run with the new post Version: 44083

When I use Version: 44066, the issue goes away on both new and old files.

The images attached show the empty warning. It doesn't look like it impacts the output although I went back to Version: 44066 so I don't have the warning.

Thank you in advance for any feedback.

MacBook Pro 16" 2019 2.4GHz 8-Core i9 64GB
MacBook Pro 16" 2021 M1 Max 64GB
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
scotthoadley
in reply to: 1Macaddict

If someone could help with this that would be great. I am having the same issues as well.

Message 3 of 10
1Macaddict
in reply to: scotthoadley

I am now on version: Fusion 360 2.0.17457 arm64 [Native] (just updated this morning) and reinstalled Version: 44083 of the Haas NGC and the issue is still there. Another user also reported that the issue exists with the Grbl post.

You can go to https://cam.autodesk.com/hsmposts and below the description for your post there is a link to download previous versions. Version 44066 of the Haas NGC post seems to be ok and does not give the empty warning.

Message 4 of 10
1Macaddict

I am still having this empty post warning with any Haas NGC post newer than 44066 (there are two newer versions)

I just installed the latest version of Fusion (2.0.18441 arm64 [Native]) and version 44100 of the Haas NGC post and the warning has continued to show up.

Is there someway to resolve why this warning is persistent with posts newer than 44066?

I'm running MacOS 14.3.1 (23D60) on a MacBook Pro 2021 with an Apple M1 Max.

Thank you in advance

Message 5 of 10
seth.madore

@1Macaddict could you share a Fusion file that would demonstrate this issue? Does it show up immediately, or only after post processing the toolpath(s)?

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 6 of 10
1Macaddict
in reply to: seth.madore

I have attached a simple 2 X 1X .5 block with one face mill operation. I also attached a screen shot of the two posts, 44066 seems to be fine. I get a green check to the left of the NC program. The other screen show is with post 44100 and I get the warning triangle to the left of the NC program. Selecting the warning opens the warning dialog window that is empty.

What I have done in the past when there is a new release of the post, I drop it into my /jsherm/Autodesk/Fusion 360 CAM/Posts/ and replace the old file. (haas next generation.cps)

After I repost the NC Program, the warning triangle shows up. When I drop the old file back into the Post directory and repost the NC Program, I get the green check mark.

Please let me know if there are other questions 

Thank you in advance.

Message 7 of 10
seth.madore

Ok, some testing revealed something to me;

This is a Mac issue, not replicable on PC (I know you're on Mac, your screenshots and user name indicate as such). I'm asking our post developers if they might have some idea of what's going wrong.

Seth Madore
Message 8 of 10
seth.madore

I've opened up CAM-51542 to investigate this issue, sorry for the annoyance.

Seth Madore
Message 9 of 10
1Macaddict

Interesting update. I installed the latest version of Fusion and now I get the empty warning (yellow triangle) with any post I use. I can't find a way to stop it. Any thoughts?

Currently Running:

Fusion 2.0.18460 arm64 [Native]
macOS 14.3.1 (23D60) on MacBookPro

Post Version:

Message 10 of 10
1Macaddict

I may have just figured this out. I stumbled across the setting called "Use Upgraded Post Engine" found under:

Preferences/Manufacture/Optional Features

I checked the box for Use Upgraded Post Engine and restarted Fusion. (I don't know if I needed to restart...)

I'm running the current "haas next generation.cps" post and I no longer get the empty warning.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report