Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plunge depth settings

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
davidfaltus
173 Views, 4 Replies

Plunge depth settings

Hello, I have searched and maybe I am missing it but I cannot find where to control the plunge depth per pass.  

I have been using Easel for a while and wanted to do more complex designs so a couple of days ago I decided to make a list of projects to learn with the free version, then buy after I learned some...  

That being said, I am trying to cut a basic shape out, 12.7 mm deep.  I set up tools and did the setup to generate Gcode.  I installed the CPS file for the post processor and I have had pretty good results... besides the plunge depth.  

When the program starts, the bit goes all the way to the bottom.  In Easel I could say "only plunge 1mm per pass", where can I do that in Fusion 360?

I am in 2D contour.  I changed the plunge feedrate  but when I simulate it still shows the bit going all the way through.  

I have searched for 2 hrs. I am lost.

Thank you,

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jhackney1972
in reply to: davidfaltus

Please attach your model.  If you do not know how to attach your Fusion 360 model follow these easy steps. Open the model in Fusion 360, select the File menu, then Export and save as a F3D or F3Z file to your hard drive. Then use the Attachments section, of a forum post, to attach it.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 5
davidfaltus
in reply to: jhackney1972

Thank you for the quick response.  I added it here.  I was doing some clicking and was able to click the "multiple depths" box and change the 1st field "max roughing" to 2.5mm.  This added multiple passes in the simulation. 

Is this the correct way of doing this?  Thank you again for the response and if this is not correct, please let me know.

Message 4 of 5
jhackney1972
in reply to: davidfaltus

Yes, that is the way I would do it.  Looks like you figured it out by yourself.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 5 of 5
davidfaltus
in reply to: jhackney1972

Thanks again for the responses!  I looked and looked and its nice to get conformation.  Have a good day.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums