Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phantom CNC Router SCA 44 Post Processor

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
2wheelswelding
200 Views, 10 Replies

Phantom CNC Router SCA 44 Post Processor

Hi, I'm looking for a post processor for my Phantom CNC router SCA 44. Currently Fusion 360 does not offer a post processor for this cnc router. Does anyone know where I can find one or have one written for this machine?

Thanks,

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Do you have sample code that you can share, that would give us an idea of what your machine expects to see for code and we can make some recommendations as to what direction you should go. We may have a generic post that will work or it may require light modification.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 11

Sorry, I do not. This is a new machine and CAM is also new to me. I was told by Autodesk that my only options were to buy a custom post or write one myself, which I don't know how to do. Of course another option is to use a different CAD/CAM program. Thanks.

Message 4 of 11

The machine did not come with any sample programs, or at least a programming manual? We can't make a suggestion on which post to use without seeing how the code is laid out. If you have a digital manual, please share it here. If you have a sample program that came preloaded on the machine, share that as well (it needs to have a .nc or .txt file extension).

Seth Madore
Message 5 of 11

The machine normally comes with V Carve Pro, which does have a post processor. I didn't purchase V Carve Pro as it doesn't do what I want. I purchased Fusion 360 as I am somewhat familiar with it and it does what I want. I did find a post processor attachment on Phantoms forum that is supposed to work with my machine but it does not. I'd attach it but the extension is .cps.

Message 6 of 11

CPS files can be shared here. What about a programming manual?

Did you buy the machine new? What about contacting the manufacturer and getting a code sample from them?

Seth Madore
Message 7 of 11

I'll upload the file. The machine is new but only came with a controller manual for the HD-100 controller. I am working with the manufacturer for a post controller. I will see if they have any samples. Would a post processor from V Carve Pro help? I should be able to get that.

Message 8 of 11

No, but posted code from V-Carve would work. Isn't there a free trial of V-Carve?

Also, what about this post didn't work, exactly?

Seth Madore
Message 9 of 11

Sorry, that I don't know. I'm totally new at this. The machine would start and move about 5 inches very slowly back and forth only. The simulation on Fusion Manufacturing worked and looked good so I assumed the post processor I downloaded was not working. That is when I found out that Fusion 360 did not offer a post processor for my machine. It is possible that I did something wrong and it's not the post processor I used. As stated before, I am working with the Phantom sales rep and he also thinks it the post processor.

Message 10 of 11

For comparison, how much should it have been traveling and at what speed? Is it possible that this could be a MM/IN issue?

Seth Madore
Message 11 of 11

I will have to check that. I will get back with later today. Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums