Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parts not cutting correctly - straight edges are jagged

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
jta49
231 Views, 6 Replies

Parts not cutting correctly - straight edges are jagged

I am having some odd issues when machining parts. My machine is not cutting correctly and many of my pieces do not have straight edges and the radius corners are all messed up. The pieces are not moving (I am using tabs). I cannot figure out if this is because of bad G-Code or the problem is at my machine. Attached is my post processor, fusion file, and NC code file that is messing up. 

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
seth.madore
in reply to: jta49

What is your machine and control? The code looks good, I'd be looking at the machine for the source of these issues. 400ipm is a bit aggressive for many machines to handle (of course, if this is some big commercial heavy duty machine, that's likely not the cause)

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 7
serge.quiblier

Hi @jta49 

as Seth said previously, the code is looking good.

Here is the code backplotted using HSMEdit for the OSAI controller.

(Yes UAO, you won't fool me, i recognize you)

sergequiblier_0-1658934623370.png

And looking closer at a shape, we can distinguish the retracts for the tabs.

sergequiblier_1-1658934722371.png

Cheers.

Serge.Q
Technical Consultant
cam.autodesk.com
Message 4 of 7
jta49
in reply to: seth.madore

The machine is a Hendrick HLD-510. I typically run this bit at 600ipm but I slowed it down to see if it would change the issue. Here is the post processor also, possibly it could be the post messing it up?

Message 5 of 7
jta49

What is interesting is that it seems like all of the mess-ups on the parts are at the exact same place on multiple parts, which leads me to believe that the GCODE file could be causing the problem?

Message 6 of 7
leo.castellon

Looking at the details of your router, 600IPM is max and also considering it is a rack and pinion system, I kind of wonder if it isn't just going too fast. But I am not an expert on that machine by far. Perhaps you could call the machine manufacturer and see what they suggest, could be something as simple as activating look ahead on the controller. We have a CMS Ares, ares (scmgroup.com) Catalogo CMS Ares_Ing_2.pdf (scmgroup.com) and we cut aluminum and composites with ours, but never that fast of a feed rate. 

Leo C

Message 7 of 7
seth.madore

@jta49 can you show a picture of what the flaw is and where it appears on the part? This would help us to narrow down whether it's code or machine

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report