Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

parker hannifin

21 REPLIES 21
SOLVED
Message 1 of 22
magpiemachining
3043 Views, 21 Replies

parker hannifin

Need some help programming a parker hannifin slot. anyone have experience doing this with fusion? I can not get the lead in and out correct. that may be due to the tool i set up. it is similar to a dovetail. only issue is  i never used the neck diameter as the cutter radius which is how i am seeing fusion wants the tool set.  also a tech told me that is how it is calculated. He also could not get the lead in and out correct and said there is no process for this type of slot and would get back to me.  anyone familiar with this knows there is no room. cuts are to be taken radially and there is no drop hole in this design. fusion wants to retract with the cutter under the slot. no good. fusion also wants to come out of the slot and enter at a different location to make another pass.  i placed a point in the center to indicate an "entry point" but can get it to exit there and retract. Any help? thank you for reading

21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22
cncUHFQL
in reply to: magpiemachining

Thanks magpiemachining,

This is just a simple and elegant solution. 10 minutes later and I was out there cutting my o-ring groove. I didn't even have to model the groove. just used the line for the straight cut groove.

Best, Dan.

Untitled.png

Dan Bloomquist
Message 22 of 22

well im back here @LibertyMachine  Seth, the entry and exit points are still shaky with this but we gunna have to fudge through it. I can figure out how to tell fusion where the first cut is. it always wants to take almost 1/2 of what need to come out of there. (about .024) set up 2 tool 22. im gunna stick this on the forums also.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report