Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameter driven text

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
banksysan
4366 Views, 5 Replies

Parameter driven text

I want to control the text that is printed by user parameters and/or dimensions.

Is this possible?RADIUS should be replaced with the actual value and units of the radius.RADIUS should be replaced with the actual value and units of the radius.

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Marco.Takx
in reply to: banksysan

Hi @banksysan,

In Fusion 360, one of the only ways of creating text on an arc is to do each letter individually.  In your case it will be quite easy as you're using a single circle/arc instead of a spline or conic curve.

1. In a sketch, create a circle to use as the baseline for the characters.
  2. Draw a vertical line from the center point of the circle to the circumference to use as the start point of one of the letters.
  3. Use a circular pattern to create start points for all of the letters including spaces and the stars using the vertical line as the base.
  4. Place each letter at its respective start point and rotate it to the same angle as its start point line.
  5. Final step is to move each letter so its midpoint is on its start point.

If my post answers your question Please use  Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution & Give Kudos!Kudos This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Met vriendelijke groet | Kind regards | Mit freundlichem Gruß

Marco Takx
CAM Consultant

Message 3 of 6
banksysan
in reply to: Marco.Takx

Thanks Marco,

I'm wanting to set the text content in this case though, rather than its position.

Tags (2)
Message 4 of 6
Marco.Takx

Hi @banksysan,

Text in Fusion is pretty terrible hopefully they have plans to create a better feature in the future.

Also parameters to control the text isn’t possible within Fusion 360. 

If you badly need this, you have to work with Inventor. 

If my post answers your question Please use  Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution & Give Kudos!Kudos This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Met vriendelijke groet | Kind regards | Mit freundlichem Gruß

Marco Takx
CAM Consultant

Message 5 of 6
jemenake

Looks like there is (as of about Sept-2020) a free add-in in the Fusion 360 store called "ParametricText" which does this exact thing.

Message 6 of 6
ce4671c0
in reply to: jemenake

great extension, very useful!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report