Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parallel Up/Down Milling not changing path

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
dkpesonen
145 Views, 4 Replies

Parallel Up/Down Milling not changing path

I am trying to make a dovetail.  With ball mill.  No matter what I select for Up/Down milling.  Manufacture always up mills one side, down mills the other.  I have tried making different processes for each side, Different setup for each side.  Nothing allows up/down milling to actually change the toolpath.  I posted a screen shot but unsure how to post/share my actual manufacture setups etc.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dkpesonen
in reply to: dkpesonen

Not sure if the screenshot came through

Message 3 of 5
dkpesonen

Here is my f3d

Message 4 of 5
a.laasW8M6T

So you need to do this in 2 separate ops, one for one side, one for the other.

I removed the model selection and avoid faces as that's not necessary, instead I use a boundary to contain the toolpaths.

the Second side you use pass direction to change which way it mills, in this case Up/Down milling has no affect as you are only milling along the part(Up/down isnt referring to climb/conventional)

Screenshot 2023-01-31 133645.png

Also added a 3d Contour toolpath as it climb mills by default and will to it all in one toolpath.

Message 5 of 5
dkpesonen
in reply to: a.laasW8M6T

Awesome  Thank you so much.  I didn't even think 3D contour.  I usually only use 2D contour.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report