Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parallel Finishing: can't control direction and entry point

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
rumpelstielz
1887 Views, 4 Replies

Parallel Finishing: can't control direction and entry point

weird issue: i need to parallel finish this 10° slope and want the toolpath to start at the highest point and move down the slope. I can't find a way to do this, Fusion will always start the toolpath at the low point:

Screen Shot 2018-04-04 at 12.14.32.png

even if i set the entry point to be at the top corner it will start on the bottom, pass options for one way, other way or both ways also always have no effect on this and result in the same start point.

How do i control this ?

Heres the file: https://a360.co/2JjDRsb

==================================================
GENERAL DISCLAIMER: if there isn't a file attached to my posts then there is a reason for it. wherever i can i will attach a file for troubleshooting.If no file is attached i will always try to explain as clearly as possible with illustrative screenshots. when i have an issue that can only be helped by attaching a file which i cannot share publicly i won't ask about it here.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Use the pass angle, if it's zero set it to 180°. Just increase what you have by 180° to change the end it starts at.

Mark

PS you'll get more help if you export the file and attach, those download links are a time waster.

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5

@HughesToolingha .. whaddayaknow .. would have never thought of that 🙂

==================================================
GENERAL DISCLAIMER: if there isn't a file attached to my posts then there is a reason for it. wherever i can i will attach a file for troubleshooting.If no file is attached i will always try to explain as clearly as possible with illustrative screenshots. when i have an issue that can only be helped by attaching a file which i cannot share publicly i won't ask about it here.
Message 4 of 5

Five years later and I have the exact same question.  The "pass angle" solution seems elegant but I can't find that option in my current version.  Perhaps something has changed.

Manufacture:3D Parallel:Passes Tab: Pass Direction=0 deg  seems to have no effect when changed to 180 deg or any other increment.  Pass Direction Reference also seems to have no effect.

I'm a rookie but any help is appreciated...just finding this thread has given me some reassurance that I'm not totally alone.

Thanks

Message 5 of 5
halftonJW8QY
in reply to: halftonJW8QY

Never mind.  Changing "Pass Direction=180 deg" worked.  

Thank you very much.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report