Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overview of CAD/CAM

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
al.whatmough
316 Views, 4 Replies

Overview of CAD/CAM

I am not sure if this is useful for others or not.  That said, maybe it is a good resource for users new to CAD/CAM.  Who knows, I wanted to share it in case it is.  

In this video, I will give an Overview of CAD/CAM intended for people that are new and want to understand the big picture.  

Full disclosure, I just went for it and recorded, I didn't spend any time doing edits to the video.

Cheers,

Al

0:00 – What is CAD and CAM
3:15 – Tour of Workspaces (Design, Manufacturing, Drawing, Data Management
11:34 – Modeling the part
23:54 – Creating a simple drawing
28:00 – Creating a Manufacturing Assembly
34:48 – Creating a Manufacturing Setup
38:04 – Creating your first toolpath
42:18 – It’s time for 5 Axis
53:12 - Final simulation and Posting

---------
AL Whatmough
Director Product Management - Manufacturing

Note, I love to engage on the forums. However, I spend a lot of time in meetings trying to help clear the path for our amazing team of Developers working on Manufacturing at Autodesk. So, if I don't respond immediately, it's not that I don't care.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
seth.madore
in reply to: al.whatmough

Hey Al, thanks for sharing! As someone who has literally zero exposure to the Drawings environment (I live my Fusion life in CAM and a touch of modeling), I learned a few neat things from that video! It's a great video for anyone just starting out in CAM, or even the old curmudgeons like myself who seldom stray out of their comfort zone...

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 5
al.whatmough

I am glad it was a help.  That means a lot coming from a Super pro like you @seth.madore   I certainly enjoyed stretching my legs a bit and doing a bit of teaching again 🙂

---------
AL Whatmough

Note, I love to engage on the forums. However, I spend a lot of time in meetings trying to help clear the path for our amazing team of Developers working on Manufacturing at Autodesk. So, if I don't respond immediately, it's not that I don't care.
Message 4 of 5
DarthBane55

You should probably pin it, because it will disappear today in the flow of posts, that could mostly be answered by this very 1 post!

Message 5 of 5
al.whatmough
in reply to: DarthBane55

I am glad you found it useful @DarthBane55 

---------
AL Whatmough

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums