Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Operations sometimes do not display

20 REPLIES 20
Message 1 of 21
konkers
1214 Views, 20 Replies

Operations sometimes do not display

I've had this happen twice now to me.  I can't reliably reproduce it but both times I was doing something along the lines of:

1. working in CAM and realize I need to change something my model.  Definintely the second time I was changing joints, don't remember about the first time.
  2. swtich to model mode and make changes
  3. switch back to CAM mode and there are no operations shown in my Browsers overlay.  The Operations folder is there and expanded, just nothing under it.
  4. Close and save file.
  5. Re-open file and operations are shown again.
20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
konkers
in reply to: konkers

Just realized that the CAM operations that I'd added since the last save are now gone.

Edit: nevermind, I'm blind

Message 3 of 21
fonsecr

Not sure how something like this could happen. But I'll ask QA to try to reproduce it.

René Fonseca
Software Architect

Message 4 of 21
laughingcreek
in reply to: fonsecr

Something like this happens all the time to me.  I go into the cam environmen, and there are no operations there.  exit document (don't seem to have to actually exit fusion program though) reopen and they are back.

Message 5 of 21
adsloud
in reply to: laughingcreek

I cannot reproduce this issue on my side, either. Can you please help share one of your models with us? Click the Export command under the File command and then save it as a .f3d file, please. Or you can invite Debbie.Lou@autodesk.com to your project if possible.

Export.png

BTW, can you please let us know how did you install Fusion 360? Which OS and graphics card are you using now? Thanks for your support.

Debbie Lou
Sr. QA Engineer for HSM CAM
Message 6 of 21
laughingcreek
in reply to: adsloud

I can't reproduce the issue either, it just happens sometimes. Doesn't
seem to be specific to a particular model. I've shared a project that
contains the latest model I've had this happen with (jb16).

Fusion was installed from autodesk website
os is windows 7 professional
graphics card is NVIDIA Quadro K620
Message 7 of 21
kb9ydn

I had this happen once too.  It only happpend once and I can't even remember now which file it was or exactly what I was doing when it happened.  I do remember I had switched back and forth between modelling and CAM a few times, and at one point I switched back to CAM and there were no operations or setups in the tree.  It was like they just vanished.  To recover I think I just closed the file without saving and then opened it again.  I wish I could remember more bit this was probably 2-3 weeks ago.

C|

Message 8 of 21
laughingcreek

Just to prove I'm not crazy!Smiley Happy

a screen cast of my cam operations disappearing and magically reappearing

https://screencast.autodesk.com/main/details/8e6bf438-707b-4889-a29b-28c1df02733c

edit-I just noticed that I had accidentally deleted a body that was referenced in an operation, could that have something to do with it?

Message 9 of 21
fonsecr

René Fonseca
Software Architect

Message 10 of 21
fonsecr

Thanks for posting. Did this happen after loading or did you open the CAM browser previously?

René Fonseca
Software Architect

Message 11 of 21
laughingcreek

I had been working on the model for a while.  I just added an edit to reply from a few min ago, which was-

I just noticed that I had accidentally deleted a body that was referenced in an operation, could that have something to do with it?

Message 12 of 21
fonsecr

It shouldn't. But good info so hopefully QA will be able to reproduce it.

René Fonseca
Software Architect

Message 13 of 21
laughingcreek

I just re-read your question.  I had been wot=rking on the model for a little while, but that was the first time that session that I opened the cam browser.

Message 14 of 21
kb9ydn

@laughingcreek wrote:

I had been working on the model for a while.  I just added an edit to reply from a few min ago, which was-

I just noticed that I had accidentally deleted a body that was referenced in an operation, could that have something to do with it?

I think it might be related to deleting a body like you say.  I've seen some odd behavior after deleting a body, where the tool paths with be flagged as needing regeneration (correct), but will regenerate as if nothing was wrong, even though they are referencing something that doens't exist anymore (not correct).  The tool path may or may not be the same as before, depending on where the geometry was referenced from.  For example, selections for avoid/touch surfaces just vanish, while model geometry selections seem to persist.  To me it's not really clear if this is a bug or not, because normally you wouldn't want to use operations where the referenced model was deleted.

C|

Message 15 of 21
fonsecr
in reply to: kb9ydn

Can you confirm if the issue is only for the specific case where you leave the Model selection empty for the Setup (which is currently ok)? Thanks. Or do you have issues in cases where you have selected geometry explicitly.

René Fonseca
Software Architect

Message 16 of 21
konkers

All my setups have models selected.  I aso often select specific chains using the "Selection" mode for "Machining Boundry" to control which areas are machined.

Message 17 of 21
fonsecr

I was asking kb9ydn about his issue. I guess I should have included it as a quote.

René Fonseca
Software Architect

Message 18 of 21
kb9ydn

@fonsecr wrote:

Can you confirm if the issue is only for the specific case where you leave the Model selection empty for the Setup (which is currently ok)? Thanks. Or do you have issues in cases where you have selected geometry explicitly.

That's a good question, and I'm not actually sure.  Here's a link to the file I was having issues with.

https://myhub.autodesk360.com/ue29ef632/xdio/permalink/XD919a0QTf3c32634dcf2efe96da85bdbe8a

The thing about this file is that it was copied from another project where it has a long and convoluted history of edits, and at this point I can't be sure what is what anymore.  The operations marked "WRONG" were the ones that were having issues.  It might be possible to go through the timeline and reconstruct what happened.

C|

Message 19 of 21
adsloud
in reply to: kb9ydn

Thanks for the feedback. Please help invite Debbie.Lou@autodesk.com and Rene.Fonseca@autodesk.com to your project in case we can get your shared model. Thank you.

Debbie Lou
Sr. QA Engineer for HSM CAM
Message 20 of 21
kb9ydn

@adsloud wrote:

Thanks for the feedback. Please help invite Debbie.Lou@autodesk.com and Rene.Fonseca@autodesk.com to your project in case we can get your shared model. Thank you.

Done!

C|

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report