Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One NC program for each toolpath

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Bnuno608
129 Views, 5 Replies

One NC program for each toolpath

Hi, in my company, we have one NC program for each toolpath, 

in powermill i select all toolpath and create NC and create NC for each toolpath.

in fusion, i have to create one by one.

is it possible to do the same as powermill?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
seth.madore
in reply to: Bnuno608

So I understand it; you want to create an NC Program node for each toolpath, and then you want to post them out all together?

Or do you expect to select them all, post them out, and they each land in their own NC file?

The former can be accomplished by SHIFT+select of all the NC Programs > right click > Post Process:

2024-01-08_07h40_46.png

The latter would also be done similar, but would likely require a post processor edit to accomplish properly.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 6
Bnuno608
in reply to: seth.madore

if i have 10 toolpath
i need 10 ncprogram

in our machine, we call nc program one by one.
tool is changed by hand
Message 4 of 6
seth.madore

What is the post processor?

We have this logic in some of the posts that have been built for machines that typically don't have a tool changer. Usually these are the hobby grade machines, but the logic can be adapted to any post, really. I'd look at the GRBL post as a good example. It offers the ability to take one NC Program that contains all the toolpaths for a Setup and post out each tool or toolpath as a separate file.

Seth Madore
Message 5 of 6
Bnuno608
in reply to: seth.madore

right now im using fidia and heideain tnc530i (from library fusion)
Message 6 of 6
seth.madore

This would be something you'd want to work with a Post developer to implement into your preferred post. You can find a list of such developers HERE

Seth Madore

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums