Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Omit concentric holes in Same diameter selection?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
programming2C78B
289 Views, 11 Replies

Omit concentric holes in Same diameter selection?

This is something that can really be disastrous, and not visible unless you do a simulation and see the toolholder in your part. Since the linking moves are inside your part, you cant see them in the regular Mfg workspace.

It should seem "obvious" that a hole thats concentric with the selection doesn't need to also be selected IMHO when its the same size... (I understand the case of checking a through bore and the cbore with the same tool+op if interpolating) 

This is mostly a concern for me when Im doing a "symetric" feature.
I program first side, duplicate setup, flip my Z and ideally have everything regen since I do model tops as my selections and work offset. 

programming2C78B_0-1695215259833.png

programming2C78B_1-1695215127901.png

Please click "Accept Solution" if what I wrote solved your issue!
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Check the box for "only same Z top height" and boom done.

I would not want this to be automatic, it would just bring 1 more thing that the software decides for us, there are way too many of those as it is.

Message 3 of 12

but the holes are on 2 different heights..
Message 4 of 12

I thought you wanted to skip the bottom ones?  Aren't they the ones causing you an issue?

Message 5 of 12

The top "2" holes to the left and the right of each other are being machined. Its auto-selecting the holes on the other end of the part (Z-).

I'm programming off Model top and Hole Bottom because I know it has to be repeated later on.

The ones on the bottom should be skipped since they are concentric and the same size.

Message 6 of 12

Ya, so if you check that box for only same top Z, doesn't it solve it, it will then skip the 2 at the bottom like you said.

If this is not what you want, I just don't understand correctly I guess.  I am attaching your picture, is that what you want?  If so, that check box should do exactly this.

1.png

Message 7 of 12

Would you be able to share your Fusion file here?
File > Export > Save to local folder, return to thread and attach the .f3d/.f3z file in your reply.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 8 of 12

sorry, its a customers model. I showed the stock and hole features to hopefully prove my point.
Message 9 of 12

On a seperate part now, I guess Check the Occlusions is what Im after? But it is NOT available in the Bore cycle, just drilling ones. I really don't see why it shouldn't be here as well! 

Message 10 of 12

Trying to use my imagination to picture what you're running into and am failing at that. If you can't share the file publicly, can you share it privately with me? We take a very firm stance on protecting our customers data.

Seth Madore
Message 11 of 12

-EDIT- Removed reply, the content was meant for another forum thread.....

Seth Madore
Message 12 of 12

@seth.madore wrote:

I'm not certain, but I "think" it has to do with how you have two Extrude commands for the same feature. I've modified your file and recreated the toolpath, I think the results are good, aside from the mis-ordering of Z depths...

As for the visual view, I just turned off the model in the browser and Link moves, which you can do here:

Seth, I think this was meant for the fellow having engraving issues. 

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-manufacture/engrave-v-carve-toolpath-not-generating-correc...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report