Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Omit a single hole from drill selection?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
programming2C78B
154 Views, 5 Replies

Omit a single hole from drill selection?

This part has triple digit # of holes in it, and there is ONE that needs to be omitted as the tool will collide into the "island".

For now, I've just thrown in a patch and called it a part of the model BUT it now invalidates the REST machining/stock that I have from the previous ops. I could export-import a mesh of op 1, but is there an official and proper way to do this? 

Only other idea is a make a sketch that goes around this one hole, then do a containment on the drill cycle.

programming2C78B_0-1695406662575.png

Please click "Accept Solution" if what I wrote solved your issue!
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

No, containment boundary is your main option. But it would be nice to be able to Shift+Click a hole to omit it...

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 6

Yes, like Seth said, containment boundary works, I just did it.  Select the part contour, then ALSO select the hole to skip, it will skip that 1 hole.

Message 4 of 6

Like this:

2023-09-22_14h48_57.png

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 5 of 6

yep got it. Kinda the same as Stock selections where it then considers the inside profile as a void.

Thanks

Please click "Accept Solution" if what I wrote solved your issue!
Message 6 of 6
Tomas_V_cz
in reply to: seth.madore

great trick, I didn't know that

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums